• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laptop carrying pain!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think the rucksack i've been using has been classed as a "good" one. But its huge and adds to the weight...! It's an IBM one - generic ones that companies give you for their laptops.

Should have just requested a company laptop. They are much lighter than this beast.

Comment

Thanks for suggestions.... there are a team of about 10 of us and we all hotdesk but book desks together, so getting a desk assigned isn't feasible... boo.

Reckon I'm just gona have to suck it up, get a trolley thing or get a better laptop case... orrrr.. kick 48 people out.

Comment

you are an IT contractor and yet you let your husband choose your main piece of kit required to do your job based on "it's cool"

isn't that a bit like me asking my girlfriend to choose my work attire and her choosing a slinky black dress and matching high heels "because she likes them"
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by MiniMani View Post
          Thanks for suggestions.... there are a team of about 10 of us and we all hotdesk but book desks together, so getting a desk assigned isn't feasible... boo.

Reckon I'm just gona have to suck it up, get a trolley thing or get a better laptop case... orrrr.. kick 48 people out.
          how long ago was it that your husband made u buy it? send it back under warranty and get a more suited piece of kit
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I'm more analyst based whereas he's been in IT for years and knows computers inside out..!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              how long ago was it that your husband made u buy it? send it back under warranty and get a more suited piece of kit
              Checked that - they won't take it back unless its defective.

Comment

Should have just requested a company laptop. They are much lighter than this beast.
                Is this still not possible?

If you tell them why, I'm sure they could sort you out.

Or tell them, yours is broken and you can't afford to replace it right now.

Comment

I'm more analyst based whereas he's been in IT for years and knows computers inside out..!
                  Be a dear and put the kettle on luvvie.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Be a dear and put the kettle on luvvie.

Comment

You might want to get a lighter computer. You should be able to pick up a thinkpad X60 or X61 for around £200 or less 2nd hand.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X