• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Knowledge Management

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear it makes I larf to see people using buzzwords on subjects they knows nothing about

stick with .Net sorted.

Milan.

Comment

Ok Mr Benes

why dont you educate us on Knowledge Management?

Comment

ok,

instead of talking blx at such high levels, let's start from the basics...

what software do you have in place already ?

what systems do you want to interface ?

how do you want to make the data available ?

how is the data currently stored ?

who will be the data owners ?

how will the data owners upload the data ?

Milan.

Comment

Well chico has this large user manual that is obscure, contradictory and repetitive. He needs some way to reconcile the world with this book and he needs our help. I suggest you start on the old testament first since it is pretty much out of date - by about 4 billion years.

Difficult to know what program is running the ChicoBot

what systems do you want to interface ?
          Direct book to brain API

how do you want to make the data available ?
          oh all forms - cut'n'paste would be best

how is the data currently stored ?
          mainly on paper

who will be the data owners ?
          All those who can open their eyes

how will the data owners upload the data ?
          Upload ? No this thing is read-only I am afraid.

Comment

in terms of tool sets, was it developed in house or off the shelf or mixture or both
            The supporting IT system (really just a document archive with a reference and search capability) was developed specifically for the client by a software company (from what I remember, the system was actually designed for the client's parent organisation and rolled out across all its agencies and departments). The system wasn't originally intended as part of the KM programme. I proposed a series of technological solutions to facilitate the KM (e.g. intelligent agents monitoring documents and automatically building meta data tags for reference) but the client was interested in spending money (wonderful Gershon), so it was a case using the system described and trying to tailor it.

Any experience of case based reasoning tools and knowledge management integration with CRM?
            No to both, at least within the agency I did the work for. The real issue was around the human processes; where does knowledge exist and in what formats, how to codify the knowledge, and how to use it in an effective way once it has been captured.

If you are working for a public sector client, don't forget about e-GIF. You'd be surprised, but I had a discussion with a couple of permie Project Managers leading on KM within government and they just looked at me blankly when I asked about e-GIF within their projects

Chico, if you want any useful stuff on KM, send me a pm.

Comment

oh gawd, the blind leading the blind

Milan.

Comment

Milan

The problem with you techies is that you think the technology is the answer to every business problem. Company A has a problem, x millions of calls to contact centres, compared to other businesses in the same market sector, with roughly same amount of customers, volume of inbound customer calls is disproportionately high. Thing is, CRM tools, billing systems etc are almost identical across the different companies so why the disparity? Seems there is a problem with process (maybe), people (training, retention - definitely) and the use of knowledge across different functions within said company.So for the purposes of this exercise the vision has to be at a high level.

Comment

o Pious one,

here is a link that you may find useful about KM.

here

Comment

sounds like the sort of meetings I'd fall asleep in

Milan.

Comment

Milan, knowledge management isn't just about software. In fact, software is rarely the real issue for any problem. The truth is that most clients don't make proper use of existing systems.

KM is nothing new. IBM had similar stuff going on in the 60s under a different name.

Comment

Working...
                      X