• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Knowledge Management

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chico, what is the budget for this thing ? just roughly in bananas ?

Comment

'The truth is that most clients don't make proper use of existing systems.',

let me teach you something,

the point about enjoying success as a contractor is to keep motivating the clients to buy the latest greatest solutions

there's no money to be made in showing people how to re-apply what they already have

if it's not expensive big corporations won't respect it

if they don't respect it, it will fail

Milan.

Comment

jabber - depending on how I scope it we are talking millions if UK only, or tens of millions if global.

Comment

there's no money to be made in showing people how to re-apply what they already have
          Good, please continue to believe that and let me ride the <toot> <toot> gravy-train.

Comment

ja ja in your wet-dreams

if so much, what is the cost breakdown ?

hardware (which vendor)

software (which vendor/products)

labour

Milan.

Comment

sunny

Thanks for the link.

Milan

You will do well to read the following paragraph and take note particluarly of the bold text.

Unfortunately, there's no universal definition of KM, just as there's no agreement as to what constitutes knowledge in the first place. For this reason, it's best to think of KM in the broadest context. Succinctly put, KM is the process through which organizations generate value from their intellectual and knowledge-based assets. Most often, generating value from such assets involves sharing them among employees, departments and even with other companies in an effort to devise best practices. It's important to note that the definition says nothing about technology; while KM is often facilitated by IT, technology by itself is not KM.
              Padre Chico

Comment

that may be so,

but, you did write,

'jabber - depending on how I scope it we are talking millions if UK only, or tens of millions if global. ',

and I think you are bullsh1tting and having a flight of fancy,

so I challenge you, answer my question...

ja ja in your wet-dreams

if it will cost so much, what is the cost breakdown ?

hardware (which vendor)

software (which vendor/products)

labour

Milan.

Comment

Milan you are out of your depth and you know it. Go back to your .net tin cans and I will continue bringing real business value to my blue chip global clients.

Comment

no, I'm sorry I am not out of my depth, I am in my pond

now, are you going to elaborate on the cost breakdown of your millions of pounds project proposal or did you just say that to try to sound important ?

Milan.

Comment

Chico, as I said, the real issue of KM is around the human systems, not the IT systems.

I'm a member of this group, which you might find useful. You will need a yahoo account to sign up.
                      KM Group

Comment

Working...
                      X