• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accidenture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes
    are you an eco-warrior

a contractor with a concience ?

only joking Mordy, it's nearly the weekend

how's your old mate MF, he's been quiet this year

how are his tat shops ?

Milan.
    Yes I do have a bit of a conscience. I'd at least like to think if I did a tulip job I wuoldn't get any more contracts off that particular client. If only the same applied to the big boys.

MF is OK, he's waiting for the sprog to drop. I spoke to him the other day. I didn't ask about the tat shop (I think he's back down to one now) but he's gone back contracting.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I would like to chip in that in one part of my comul I'm a non-advising director of a financial services company and that the company specifically looks for ethical investments for our clients.

Does surprisingly well, not only do we have clients that are attracted to us because of the ethical investments, the companies and funds we invest in do much better than the average as well.

Business entrepreneurs survive on competition and profit. A social entrepreneur looks beyond profit to try and fundamentally change for the better the system he is working within.

Many times; less can be more.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        I'm a non-advising director of a financial services company and that the company specifically looks for ethical investments for our clients.
        How many simultaneous high-flying jobs do you have, threaded? I'm surprised you find the time for all your designing and inventing as well. You are like Leonardo Da Vinci meets Donald Trump meets William Hague.

Not to mention your cycling, touring in your multiple Lambos, and posting on here. You are magnificent. Denmark is very lucky to have you.

Comment

They are indeed, and it's Englands loss, all due to IR35: a particularly short sighted and vindictive piece of legislation IMHO.

There again without IR35 I would probably still be writing dodgysoft for whatever lame brain organisation was paying my fee this week.

So it's swings and roundabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            They are indeed, and it's Englands loss, all due to IR35: a particularly short sighted and vindictive piece of legislation IMHO.
            Isn't Denmark taxation higher even without IR35?
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              Isn't Denmark taxation higher even without IR35?
              A common misconception. In my circumstances I end up with more in my pocket in Denmark than I would in England.

Comment

Working...
              X