• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I used to love SAP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    SAP's great for it's multilingual capability. What are you wittering about?
    It really does suck.

If I'm on a website there's a little flag to click on for my language. There must be 6 different languages spoken in my office.

I've got to enter all my hours again because I neglected to press the save button.

Would not have happened with pen and paper, the hours would still be there! ARGGHHHH 1 hour wasted already.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      The point I was trying to make SAP sucks when it comes to other languages. It's tragic. Give me excel, please?!
      Excel has the same issue only it doesn't complain. 08:50 + 08:50 = 17:40 not 17 hrs.

What would you suggest it does?

Comment

What you're actually complaining about is the timesheet entry system. That's a tiny tiny tiny part of SAP. I'm currently re-writing one of my client's TS systems - trust me, it'll be a lot easier to use than the current crap.

'Cos I'll have to use it.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Darn. Wasn't quick enough with my edit...

btw: system->user profile->defaults tab->decimal notation. Change it back to 1,234,567.89
          Translates to:

System -> Benutzervorgaben -> default tab -> Dezimalsystem.

which is not available. Perhaps I need to download an update.

I'm reaching for the pen!
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What you're actually complaining about is the timesheet entry system. That's a tiny tiny tiny part of SAP. I'm currently re-writing one of my client's TS systems - trust me, it'll be a lot easier to use than the current crap.

'Cos I'll have to use it.

They should use filemaker. It just works, like.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Translates to:

System -> Benutzervorgaben -> default tab -> Dezimalsystem.

which is not available. Perhaps I need to download an update.

I'm reaching for the pen!
              No. If those fields are greyed out, it means you've not got the authorisation to change your own profile. Try it again, and immediately afterwards use system->hilfsmittel->Anz.Berecht.Prufung It should tell you what authorisation failure you last encountered.

btw - why are you being forced to log in in German? English is available by default and may make your life easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Whilst I don't want to defend SAP for the sake of it as may seem in this thread, after all, its complexity is what pays for Mrs PL's exotic holidays.
                SAP HR paid for a Mercedes and two exotic holidays. Long live tulip software!
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

btw - why are you being forced to log in in German? English is available by default and may make your life easier.
                  The German IT folks don't agree.

The could not even get my name on the office door correct. It read's 'Scot Scooter' and of course the error has filtered to every electronically registered file in the universe, including SAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    SAP HR paid for a Mercedes and two exotic holidays. Long live tulip software!
                    I pray SAP will become the BEBO of the business world.

Comment

So really, your beef with SAP is a bad implementation of a very small part of it, by an autocratic, user-hostile IT department. I can only marvel at their achievement.

Comment

Working...
                      X