• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I used to love SAP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Because it's so tulip it delivers bucketloads of money for testers and other assorted contractors.

Now I ******* hate it because i have to use it to fill in my hours and make my timesheet and the bloody thing doesn't work, you have to fill in your hours, some secretary who's invariably off sick has to then accept them, before sending them to a random PM to accept and only then I can print the bloody sheet and get it signed by my own PM. And all the while SAP fails to recognize the dates I've filled in using the little calendar provided in the app, bla bla bla what a load of overpriced overrated overblown bollox.

Same problem here. It throws a fit if I don't enter hours as 8,00 instead of 8:00 or 8.00
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Same problem here. It throws a fit if I don't enter hours as 8,00 instead of 8:00 or 8.00
      So change your defaults in your user profile

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
        So change your defaults in your user profile
        Can't it's all in German and I've a german keyboard. They don't do .'s

What is wrong with excel!?!!!! The whole world is going mad.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Whilst I don't want to defend SAP for the sake of it as may seem in this thread, after all, its complexity is what pays for Mrs PL's exotic holidays.

8:50 and 8.50 are not the same time values, are they?

Nor are 8,000 and 8.000 in DE but I conceed you didn't add the extra zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Whilst I don't want to defend SAP for the sake of it as may seem in this thread, after all, its complexity is what pays for Mrs PL's exotic holidays.

8:50 and 8.50 are not the same time values, are they?

The point I was trying to make SAP sucks when it comes to other languages. It's tragic. Give me excel, please?!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

I like how after gazillions of €£$ spent on software that is not needed, that now, somehow, it's my fault. Sweet.

Pen and paper never gave me such problems. Humanity is truly doomed.

Comment

The point I was trying to make SAP sucks when it comes to other languages. It's tragic. Give me excel, please?!
                SAP's great for it's multilingual capability. What are you wittering about?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm pretty sure it works ok in German.

Some might say it's even easier to use.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    SAP isn't a language. Nor is Excel for that matter.

Edit: oops. I feel even more stupider than usual now...

Yes and so you should.
                    Last edited by scooterscot; 30 June 2011, 12:59.

Comment

Yes and so you should.
                      Darn. Wasn't quick enough with my edit...

btw: system->user profile->defaults tab->decimal notation. Change it back to 1,234,567.89
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X