• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: UK retail sales fall accelerates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: changes

How are we supposed to keep The Establishment happy these days? Last quarter they moaned when were spending all our retirement savings, now they moan because we aren't...

Comment

Re: changes

> Better pray they don't alter the deal further and switch to Muslim's calendar -- not an expert but I am pretty sure it ain't 2005 year in it

If they do let's hope it's a few years short of a century change then the good times can roll once more :b

Comment

change

> If they do let's hope it's a few years short of a century change then the good times can roll once more :b

Come to think of it -- it follows that current Islamic year is 1425 or so. Just imagine how much contracting work would have been out there to convert all Gregorian data into Islamic

Comment

Re: change

to be expected,

at some stage, the 100% rise in the price of oil is going to have a downstream effect on the disposable cash in people's pockets

2 years ago I paid .73 Euro a litre for diesel, now I pay 1.03 Euro a litre !

On a 60 litre tank filling up once a week that's 80 Euros a month missing from my pocket compared to two years ago

Milan.

Comment

I didnt know you could 60 litres in a moped!

Comment

Chav, with your liabilities you should take this subject a little more seriously, if it affects my pocket, it also affects your customers who will have less disposable income to spend on Thai tat.

Milan.

Comment

Milan - I fear that you are more concerned with your missing euros than the plight of poor Arkwright.

Sounds like your aspirations of purchasing Thai tat furniture have suffered another setback and you'll have to make do with the salvaged pallets as a table for another year or two. Don't let it get to you though old boy - there's more to life than money. Perhaps you will soon be able to send the new sprog down the mines.

Comment

If UK retail sales are so bad, why is the FTSE still rising?

Comment

FTSE

> If UK retail sales are so bad, why is the FTSE still rising?

FTSE seems to be driven by mindless fkwits who get paid a fortune to drive FTSE in the general direction of where Dow Jones is going.

Comment

Working...
                    X