• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thunderstorms forecast for later

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightning strike disrupts Gatwick Airport flights

Passengers have been warned to expect delays after lightning struck the control tower at Gatwick Airport.

The airport said the tower was hit at about 1400 BST during thunder storms which swept across the South East.

Beebylinky

As an aside, it's just hit 28 deg here and the HSSE bod is wondering around checking everyone is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      the HSSE bod is wondering around checking everyone is ok.
      Email this The Daily Mash - Office bitch sweating like a navvy to everyone from him.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        And I luvvem

I am keeping track of them here

Lovvin the bench
        That site gave me this:

Sorry for the outage again. I have just purchased a dedicated server at the cost of £1000.00. Please help us by visiting our advertisers.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Sky is lovely up here with a positively balmy 18 degrees.
          30° C here. Still surviving but it's a bit close. A thunderstorm would do nicely.

Computer fans whizzing, even though just doing light surfing.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Let it Thunder
            Let it Whistle
            Let is rain like Hell - Im not really minding

And my State of Mind
            Needs No
            Defining

Comment

Working...
            X