• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - Become a burglar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As spacecadet says, you cannot just take someone's word for what happened. That would be a great way to get rid of enemies, invite them round for a reconcialition drink and then claim they broke in and attacked you.
    Has to be investigated and that probaby means arrest initially.

Assuming they were breaking in, agree that this death is no loss at all. Why should you risk your own safety by applying ""reasonable force" which may not work and only make them madder? How does a person use "reasonable force" against someone who is bigger and stronger exactly? Any suggestions?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      As spacecadet says, you cannot just take someone's word for what happened. That would be a great way to get rid of enemies, invite them round for a reconcialition drink and then claim they broke in and attacked you.

Assuming they were breaking in, agree that this death is no loss at all. Why should you risk your own safety by applying ""reasonable force" which may not work and only make them madder? How does a person use "reasonable force" against someone who is bigger and stronger exactly? Any suggestions?

Reasonable force?

Bollocks, I was always told the key phrase was "I used as much force as was necessary".

Comment

Well, it may be reasonable to kill someone, or it may be grossly excessive. Needs to be investigated.

Comment

A knife isn't much use against someone who is bigger and stronger either, as that perosn is unlikely to suddenly keel over and die immediately, or be keen on being knifed in the first place. Something blunt and heavy sounds a better bet if all you're after really is defence and standing some chance against a stronger person.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason Boyne View Post
            Reasonable force?

Bollocks, I was always told the key phrase was "I used as much force as was necessary".
            Necesary? thats a bit ambiguous, I used the necessary amount of force required to kill him, which was unreasonable given the circumstances
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Necesary? thats a bit ambiguous, I used the necessary amount of force required to kill him, which was unreasonable given the circumstances
              Have a chat with your local plod and mention that phrase.

Comment

Cameron is stiill talking about reasonable force. Maybe if you're 5'8"" and smash a 6'3" burgar from behind with a pickaxe this would be taken as reasonable as anything else could get you killed, however, I can't see our daft courts accepting that. One thing to expect fine judgement of what's reasonable in a safe court, quite another when you're scared stiff.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Cameron is stiill talking about reasonable force. Maybe if you're 5'8"" and smash a 6'3" burgar from behind with a pickaxe this would be taken as reasonable as anything else could get you killed, however, I can't see our daft courts accepting that. One thing to expect fine judgement of what's reasonable in a safe court, quite another when you're scared stiff.
                  I think any amount of force would be reasonable as long as you were humane. Duck taping them to a chair and getting the kitchen knives out is probably going a bit too far.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I think any amount of force would be reasonable as long as you were humane. Duck taping them to a chair and getting the kitchen knives out is probably going a bit too far.
                    Steelers Wheel aren't that bad they are classed as inhumane tourture
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Biggest mistake was not offing the 2nd one.
                      And then fed them to some friendly neighbourhood pigs, just so your soil doesn't get contaminated
                      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                      X