• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speed ticket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    points are valid for 3 years, but they stay on your licence for longer, 4 or 5 years I think

It also counts as a criminal offense so plenty of banks refuse a contract when they discover this during checks. I know because I have been turned down many times. It also gets the car insurance premiums sky high and has various other consequences.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      It also counts as a criminal offense so plenty of banks refuse a contract when they discover this during checks. I know because I have been turned down many times. It also gets the car insurance premiums sky high and has various other consequences.
      Huh?? I already work for a bank!!

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
        Huh?? I already work for a bank!!
        Got the gig after the speeding offense ?

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          What a load of bollocks!!

I've been contracting for years mainly at banks, HBOS, LTSB, Barclays etc and have had a total of 24 points on my license over my driving career.

Surely they wouldn't have employed me being a serial speeder!

Sure they didn't find you on the S.O register ....

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
            What a load of bollocks!!

I've been contracting for years mainly at banks, HBOS, LTSB, Barclays etc and have had a total of 24 points on my license over my driving career.

Surely they wouldn't have employed me being a serial speeder!

Sure they didn't find you on the S.O register ....
            Did you name change to hide it ? LTSB may not discover it, they are bloody incompetent but try any US bank like Citi or BOFA.

Comment

Darn, I shouldn't have been efficient in replying to them and admitting it was me, I could have paid someone like my son to be the driver...

Comment

Just mailed my agency to ask them, they say:

"Points on your liscenece for speeding will not hinder you working for Investment Banks. If you are caught drink driving and lose your licence that will come up on your criminal record. You will be fine"

Comment

Guidelines for course rather than point have recently been increased to +10% limit +9mph.

If the authority you are in is using these guidelines (and they are not obliged to) then you will be offered the course.

New speed camera guidelines allow drivers to go 86mph and escape fines | Mail Online

However I thought the notification of the offence would tell you your options. I've never had one in this way though.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                    Guidelines for course rather than point have recently been increased to +10% limit +9mph.

If the authority you are in is using these guidelines (and they are not obliged to) then you will be offered the course.

New speed camera guidelines allow drivers to go 86mph and escape fines | Mail Online

However I thought the notification of the offence would tell you your options. I've never had one in this way though.
                    No - when I got mine, the letter said you may be offered a course. You returned the form to say who was driving, then, some time later, they send you the option of paying fine / getting points or attending the course (which was more expensive than the fine!)

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                      No - when I got mine, the letter said you may be offered a course. You returned the form to say who was driving,!)
                      That's what I got..
                      Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                      then, some time later, they send you the option of paying fine / getting points or attending the course (which was more expensive than the fine!)
                      I hope I will be offered the course, better than the points, points are what bothered me not the fine.

Better get my old road angel out...

Comment

Working...
                      X