• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The "c" word

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Actually Scrabble is better played by people of a mathematical nature. It's about patterns and numbers see.
    He's right. It's all about strategy, you generally won't beat a good player by playing the longest or highest scoring word you can manage on every turn.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Being vaguely interested in how well computer programmes fare against hu-mans at Scrabble, it appears from this link that silicon triumphs.

Also came across these amusing anagrams:

DORMITORY: When you rearrange the letters: DIRTY ROOM

PRESBYTERIAN: When you rearrange the letters: BEST IN PRAYER

ASTRONOMER: When you rearrange the letters: MOON STARER

DESPERATION: When you rearrange the letters: A ROPE ENDS IT

THE EYES: When you rearrange the letters: THEY SEE

GEORGE BUSH: When you rearrange the letters: HE BUGS GORE

THE MORSE CODE : When you rearrange the letters: HERE COME DOTS

SLOT MACHINES: When you rearrange the letters: CASH LOST IN ME

ANIMOSITY: When you rearrange the letters: IS NO AMITY

ELECTION RESULTS: When you rearrange the letters: LIES - LET'S RECOUNT

SNOOZE ALARMS: When you rearrange the letters: ALAS! NO MORE Z 'S

A DECIMAL POINT: When you rearrange the letters: I'M A DOT IN PLACE

THE EARTHQUAKES: When you rearrange the letters: THAT QUEER SHAKE

ELEVEN PLUS TWO: When you rearrange the letters: TWELVE PLUS ONE

AND FOR THE GRAND FINALE:

MOTHER-IN-LAW: When you rearrange the letters: WOMAN HITLER

Comment

TIMBERWOLF:

Womb Lifter

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          TIMBERWOLF:

Womb Lifter
          Wet Milf Bro
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

When we play it at home rude words always count double. It should be in the official rules.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

More Tennis?

back to the OP's question, there are times when c**t is used instead of the word person...

'you're a pure crazy c**t '

would actually be taken as complimentary in most circumstances.

'check that c**t out'

Would, again, not be taken badly.

We maximised the use of the word with words like c**tyface and my own favourite c**ntybawz.

Parliamo Glasgow is a highly complicated subject so don't dive in unless you know what you are doing. Getting French wrong in Paris might end up with you ordering a horse burger, getting it wrong in Glasgow can end up in A&E.

Comment

A couple of years ago there was a brilliant article in The Times about the 'c' word. Now sadly lost behind their pay wall unless someone knows different.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Can anyone remember the film where two ladies of a certain age are playing scrabble as a cop persues a miscreant through their flat?

In one shot you see MOTHERFU

and in the next you see CKER.

Well, it amused me at the time.

Aha!
                  http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/51585436
                  Do they mention the scene in the Goldie Hawn movie Foul Play? She's being pursued by a ruthless killer, she's escaped through her window on to the roof, and now she needs to get back in again. She's looking through the window at these two sweet old ladies who are playing Scrabble. One of them has just played a very long word, which you can see starts with MOTH... and ends with ...ER. The other one's saying "I think it's hyphenated, dear". I love this scene!
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 22 June 2011, 12:27. Reason: I can't believe that film was made in 1978!

Comment

Qu: What 4 letter word ends in 'IT' and is seen at the bottom of a bird cage?
                    Ans: grit

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      and my own favourite c**ntybawz.
                      Even this one has been shortened to simply "c**ty" in my reprobate bunch of friends.

Comment

Working...
                      X