• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The "c" word

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The "c" word"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    I used to have a Glaswegian housemate who used the pronouns 'somecunt', 'anycunt' and 'nocunt'.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    and my own favourite c**ntybawz.
    Even this one has been shortened to simply "c**ty" in my reprobate bunch of friends.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Qu: What 4 letter word ends in 'IT' and is seen at the bottom of a bird cage?
    Ans: grit

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Can anyone remember the film where two ladies of a certain age are playing scrabble as a cop persues a miscreant through their flat?

In one shot you see MOTHERFU

and in the next you see CKER.

Well, it amused me at the time.

Aha!
    http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/51585436
    Do they mention the scene in the Goldie Hawn movie Foul Play? She's being pursued by a ruthless killer, she's escaped through her window on to the roof, and now she needs to get back in again. She's looking through the window at these two sweet old ladies who are playing Scrabble. One of them has just played a very long word, which you can see starts with MOTH... and ends with ...ER. The other one's saying "I think it's hyphenated, dear". I love this scene!
    Last edited by zeitghost; 22 June 2011, 12:27. Reason: I can't believe that film was made in 1978!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    A couple of years ago there was a brilliant article in The Times about the 'c' word. Now sadly lost behind their pay wall unless someone knows different.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    More Tennis?

back to the OP's question, there are times when c**t is used instead of the word person...

'you're a pure crazy c**t '

would actually be taken as complimentary in most circumstances.

'check that c**t out'

Would, again, not be taken badly.

We maximised the use of the word with words like c**tyface and my own favourite c**ntybawz.

Parliamo Glasgow is a highly complicated subject so don't dive in unless you know what you are doing. Getting French wrong in Paris might end up with you ordering a horse burger, getting it wrong in Glasgow can end up in A&E.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    When we play it at home rude words always count double. It should be in the official rules.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    TIMBERWOLF:

Womb Lifter
    Wet Milf Bro

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    TIMBERWOLF:

Womb Lifter

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Being vaguely interested in how well computer programmes fare against hu-mans at Scrabble, it appears from this link that silicon triumphs.

Also came across these amusing anagrams:

DORMITORY: When you rearrange the letters: DIRTY ROOM

PRESBYTERIAN: When you rearrange the letters: BEST IN PRAYER

ASTRONOMER: When you rearrange the letters: MOON STARER

DESPERATION: When you rearrange the letters: A ROPE ENDS IT

THE EYES: When you rearrange the letters: THEY SEE

GEORGE BUSH: When you rearrange the letters: HE BUGS GORE

THE MORSE CODE : When you rearrange the letters: HERE COME DOTS

SLOT MACHINES: When you rearrange the letters: CASH LOST IN ME

ANIMOSITY: When you rearrange the letters: IS NO AMITY

ELECTION RESULTS: When you rearrange the letters: LIES - LET'S RECOUNT

SNOOZE ALARMS: When you rearrange the letters: ALAS! NO MORE Z 'S

A DECIMAL POINT: When you rearrange the letters: I'M A DOT IN PLACE

THE EARTHQUAKES: When you rearrange the letters: THAT QUEER SHAKE

ELEVEN PLUS TWO: When you rearrange the letters: TWELVE PLUS ONE

AND FOR THE GRAND FINALE:

MOTHER-IN-LAW: When you rearrange the letters: WOMAN HITLER

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Actually Scrabble is better played by people of a mathematical nature. It's about patterns and numbers see.
    He's right. It's all about strategy, you generally won't beat a good player by playing the longest or highest scoring word you can manage on every turn.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Actually Scrabble is better played by people of a mathematical nature. It's about patterns and numbers see.
    Hmmm if you're being cryptic, then I suspect so also

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Where I come from, its a harsh word, one of the worst. And no man would ever dream of using it in front of a lady
    makes me feel embarrased just thinking about it tbo

the times they are a changing

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    When I prove you wrong I expect you to put your money where your mouth is and give it to the BHF.

HTH
    Photoshop away fella, photoshop away.

Put some effort in as well. Wasn't Lady Gaga and Lord Lucan at the finish line with you as well?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Both allowed by SOWPODS

sez - informal spelling of 'says'
    zol - South African slang for a cannabis cigarette.
    Oxford English. On your bike.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X