• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interviewers that don't understand contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    A non trolling post <rubs-eyes>

I may have got you all wrong sir.
    I just have different opinions to a lot of the folks here.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      This kind of interview would make me run a mile. Questions like "Where do you see yourself in n years." are red flags.
      You could always try the following...

Hopefully by then I will have completed your project and a couple of others and be either sunning myself on a beach somewhere or I'll be lying used and abused on a bed in an expensive hotel somewhere surrounded by white powder and high-class hookers.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Hopefully by then I will have completed your project and a couple of others and be either sunning myself on a beach somewhere or I'll be lying used and abused on a bed in an expensive hotel somewhere surrounded by white powder and high-class hookers.
        Isn't Whores' Washer-Woman is a bit of an aspirational career choice for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Isn't Whores' Washer-Woman is a bit of an aspirational career choice for you?
          You're getting monotonous now.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            You're getting monotonous now.
            Oooh, I owe myself £10.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Oooh, I owe myself £10.
              You're cheap. Or was that just for a pot noodle.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You're cheap. Or was that just for a pot noodle.
                No, I'm cheap.

Comment

They said "You hopefully have learnt a lot about us from our web site and done a bit of research"

I always have a look at the website of a company I interview with, I also like to do a bit of background reading and work out who their main competitors are and so on.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I always have a look at the website of a company I interview with, I also like to do a bit of background reading and work out who their main competitors are and so on.
                    That's one thing, and I think we all do that, or we should. But they were expecting me to have memorised it, in granular detail. Studied it for hours.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      That's one thing, and I think we all do that, or we should. But they were expecting me to have memorised it, in granular detail. Studied it for hours.
                      The correct answer is "Well, it could do with some work I think."

Comment

Working...
                      X