• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggestion for new forum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anybody drive to the same place everyday and think why do we do it ?

is finance, mortgages, credit, a form of population control - get 'em all in debt and they lose their freedom to think ?

the most frightening, in our early thirties we have another 30 years of it before we can retire !, in my case more working years left before retirement than I have already lived - what a thought !

Milan in 'please God let me contract for another few years and then it'll be over' mode.

Comment

milan,

What's with the change of ID from milanbenes5 to MilanB halfway through a thread. Have you got a split personality disorder or do you have a shadow?

Comment

Traj,

they're both mine, most of the milanbenes ones are mine, currently laptop at home has the milanbenes5 cookie.

Anyway, do you have anything valuable to add to these musings ?

Milan.

Comment

milan,

Yes, I'd like forum for MilanB and a seperate one for milanbenes5, so I don't get confused.

Ta.

Comment

does anybody drive to the same place everyday and think why do we do it ?
            Milan, are you turning into Reggie Perrin?

the most frightening, in our early thirties we have another 30 years of it before we can retire !, in my case more working years left before retirement than I have already lived - what a thought !
            I haven't got that far yet :rolleyes But I agree with you...however, contracting on it's own it's really enough. It's still a relatively small income.

Comment

no, no Reggie Perrin,

just some thoughts

whatever anyone says we are still the working class

Milan.

Comment

I'll be retiring completely in 10 years. Semi-retiring in 2-3 years. I've already started to wind down!

And before you ask no I am not 55 !!

Comment

I hope I can say the same,

please God if you exist, don't let me become a data center dinosaur like Xoggoth or Fiddle, working out my last years infront or a green screen !

Milan.

Comment

You have the right attitude milan.

A lot of contractors I know just p*ss their money away on gadgets and fast cars.

I know 30 year old contractors who have no house, no savings, and are living for the next invoice after spending last months cash on a GPS WiMax 3G Ipod 30Gig PDA or some other such bollcoks, just to replace last months 20Gig model.

Comment

I know 30 year old contractors who have no house, no savings, and are living for the next invoice after spending last months cash on a GPS WiMax 3G Ipod 30Gig PDA or some other such bollcoks, just to replace last months 20Gig model.
                      I'm not 30 and I don't have an Ipod :rolleyes

Comment

Working...
                      X