• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Academic References

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I have been offered a place on a Master Course, as I have not done a bachelors degree and using "life experience" as my qualifications I am being asked for an employers reference, however I am a contractor so any clients I work with are usually only for 3-6 months at a time. Has anyone any experience of this sort of thing, as to what I should be asking?

(PS I have asked this same question to the admissions team but awaiting their reply)
    Have you never had your contracts extended?

Comment

Just get someone you know in a professional job a colleague would be fine. They just send a simple questionaire, which has questions like "do you think this guy could hack a Master degree". It´s a formality, no more, they want your dough. They know if you hand over several grand you aint going to bunk all the lectures, in fact it desn´t make much difference if you do, as long as they get the dough.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Have you never had your contracts extended?
        New to contracting, only my 2nd real gig
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'll take that as a "no" then.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            I'll take that as a "no" then.
            It would yes
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

If you got on with one of your old permie managers or more senior positioned colleagues then get them to be a reference.

The only thing you may have to do is help them with the informaton to write it as some institutions want a statement as well as some tick boxing.

This is because they can easily fill their courses with international students who pay a minimum of twice as much as you for the course.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X