• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lowering resting heart rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    That's so weird, there's this other poster on here called Minestrone who also obsesses about running.

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      That's so weird, there's this other poster on here called Minestrone who also obsesses about running.

My heart rate is about 70.

Comment

What's the point. The extra beats consumed exercising trying to lower the heart beat likely far exceeds those saved anyway, summed over say a year.

Maybe a better measure, instead of cheating beats per minute, should be beats per year.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          What's the point. The extra beats consumed exercising trying to lower the heart beat likely far exceeds those saved anyway, summed over say a year.

Maybe a better measure, instead of cheating beats per minute, should be beats per year.
          I do not think I run to lower my heart rate, I choose to do it because I find it enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            Thanks Dave, next time just post the link to Wikipedia
            Thanks russell, next time just post the link to your previous thread about resting heart rate:

If you keep obsessing about it your heart rate will keep going up because you're worried that it's not going down

Also, the fact that you can't remember having started these threads before might indicate that you should be more concerned about the onset of Alzheimers.
            Last edited by NickFitz; 31 May 2011, 23:48.

Comment

Simple answer for lowering your heart rate

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

No worries.
                I think he was being sarcastic.

To keep your heart rate down, it's best to start by not reading many russell posts.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Thanks russell, next time just post the link to your previous thread about resting heart rate:

If you keep obsessing about it your heart rate will keep going up because you're worried that it's not going down

Also, the fact that you can't remember having started these threads before might indicate that you should be more concerned about the onset of Alzheimers.
                  I did remember that one, I thought it was asking what is rather than how to lower, will look at that post though thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    I think he was being sarcastic.

To keep your heart rate down, it's best to start by not reading many russell posts.
                    No need to drag my name through the chutney , I don't want to tarnished my reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      running regularly knackers your knees and is not the best for cardio.

Get on that rowing machine instead, you'll notice the difference in no time.
                      WSSS

Interval training on a rowing machine, following the training programmes that concept2 provide will be very effective without buggering your knees.

Anyway, why do you care so much about achieving a certain resting heart rate?
                      Anything under about 65 is a sign of being quite fit.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X