• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lowering resting heart rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    WSSS

Interval training on a rowing machine, following the training programmes that concept2 provide will be very effective without buggering your knees.

Anyway, why do you care so much about achieving a certain resting heart rate?
    Anything under about 65 is a sign of being quite fit.
    Just wondering, anyway I do love running, might do some rowing on my off days though. Why the rowing machine though why not a cross trainer?

Thanks for the advice everyone.
    Last edited by russell; 1 June 2011, 11:12.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Just wondering, anyway I do love running, might do some rowing on my off days though. Why the rowing machine though why not a cross trainer?

Thanks for the advice everyone.
      Rowing machine trains the whole body and doesn't make you look like a prat.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Rowing machine trains the whole body and doesn't make you look like a prat.
        I prefer not to have huge upper body, I wan't the build of a long distance runner, little fat and slender muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          I prefer not to have huge upper body, I wan't the build of a long distance runner, little fat and slender muscles.
          Rowing won't give you a huge upper body, just a bit more muscle tone. To get a huge upper body you need;

- the right genes and lots of fast twitch muscle fibres, which most people don't have
          - heavy weights training
          - high protein diet
          - lots of time

Really, rowing will not turn you into a hulk unless you're naturally big.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Rowing won't give you a huge upper body, just a bit more muscle tone. To get a huge upper body you need;

- the right genes and lots of fast twitch muscle fibres, which most people don't have
            - heavy weights training
            - high protein diet
            - lots of time

Really, rowing will not turn you into a hulk unless you're naturally big.
            Ok, will look into it a few times a week and running the other days.

Comment

Working...
            X