• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for a mid-life crisis theme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to Amsterdam for a week with a load of young lads, get wasted on weed, shag endless prozzies and drink beer like it is going out of fashion.

After 4 days your liver will pack in, you will be shaking like a dog sh!tting glass and you knob will be ready to drop off.

You will get home realising how old you really are and you just can't do this crap anymore and be content with getting old in a nice boring slow fashion like the rest of us..

Sorted.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Go to Amsterdam for a week with a load of young lads, get wasted on weed, shag endless prozzies and drink beer like it is going out of fashion.

After 4 days your liver will pack in, you will be shaking like a dog sh!tting glass and you knob will be ready to drop off.

You will get home realising how old you really are and you just can't do this crap anymore and be content with getting old in a nice boring slow fashion like the rest of us..

Sorted.
      Mrs OG will definitely veto this.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        I think that's it. Case closed. Thanks everyone.
        stop! wait1

sea levels are rising.

wait till they peak before you buy your boat, otherwise, in a few years it will be under water and you'll have to buy another

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I just turned 40 and I bought one of these: blokart.com :: fun, fast, compact! cheap to run! You can also get a little side car for the kids.

I'm thinking about brewing beer next.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            stop! wait1

sea levels are rising.

wait till they peak before you buy your boat, otherwise, in a few years it will be under water and you'll have to buy another

Hmmm. Will buy a tall ship.

Comment

Take up running, try and train for a marathon. It is a positive mid life crisis as it will help you live longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Not a bad idea.

If it's MF, can I just help him halfway across the main road?
                Oi! I saw that.

How about taking up cage fighting. I took up a few years back before succumbing to a shoulder injury and a bloody good hiding last year. Nothing like it to realise that maybe you're past it.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  I just turned 40 and I bought one of these: blokart.com :: fun, fast, compact! cheap to run! You can also get a little side car for the kids.

I'm thinking about brewing beer next.
                  I like brewing - did it as a student. I have taken up sloe and damson gin making and wonder if I could turn it into a cottage industry.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Sorted.
                    Sounds like a stag do I went on last year. I could not believe that the Banana bar didn't actually sell fruit!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The Roland 12 TD KV has worked for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X