• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here comes the sun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here comes the sun

The weather pattern here has been the same as for the last two years, really hot period in early Spring followed by dull dreary wet and cool.
    But today it broke the mould, the sun was shining over the trafford centre, the birds were singing in the car park and all is right with the world

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Those humpy things in the distance will be the Pennines.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      The weather pattern here has been the same as for the last two years, really hot period in early Spring followed by dull dreary wet and cool.

Followed by an Arctic winter.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I know. its been a funny old couple of years.
        It was 7c when I got into my car this morning, not too bad in the scale of things, but its supposed to be the camping season. brrrr

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

aaawww fergerrit

its raining
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            aaawww fergerrit

its raining
            It's lovely and sunny here in Belfast. The pilot reckoned that the weather in Manchester will clear up during the morning leaving a nice day for you chaps on the mainland.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Fingers crossed. I've got six concession stands on reserve in shopping centres in Hampshire to do sledges/welly boots and snow shovels. Talk about being unpredictable and in the lap of the gods though! If it snows this winter I'm minted.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Forecast for the coming weekend is 25C
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  It's lovely and sunny here in Belfast. The pilot reckoned that the weather in Manchester will clear up during the morning leaving a nice day for you chaps on the mainland.
                  There was an interesting piece on the radio about Belfast celebrating the construction of the Titanic , 100 years ago in Harland and Woolfe. The Irish were a bit shy about mentioning it too much because it sank.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Fingers crossed. I've got six concession stands on reserve in shopping centres in Hampshire to do sledges/welly boots and snow shovels. Talk about being unpredictable and in the lap of the gods though! If it snows this winter I'm minted.
                    A bit off topic, but how easy is it to sell stuff? You just rent a 'concession stand' and you're good to go?

As I was wandering about Ibiza last week, feeling peckish and unwilling to pay tourist prices for 'food' (£4 for a tiny tub of ice cream ffs), I saw someone carrying a tiny polystyrene plate of chips. I hunted for its source, but eventually concluded that they had been obtained from one of the many rip-off places that also do chips at great cost, as there was not a proper chippy in sight or smell. It got me wondering how well a chip shop van might fare there (a place teaming with chip-eating Brits) and how one might go about starting such a venture. No doubt it's been thought of before, not least by experts in the potato frying business, so something must be holding them back.
                    Last edited by TimberWolf; 31 May 2011, 07:54.

Comment

Working...
                    X