• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kitchen Equipment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Sabatiers are cheap sh!te.

Get some of these...

Wuesthof - Home
    It think it depends which ones you have. Lots of companies use the name, it's not actually a particular brand. Kind of like "Champagne".
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Costco are doing Global knives at quite a good price at the mo.

Comment

I'm using something very like, but not actually, this:
        Buy John Lewis Knife Sharpener online at JohnLewis.com

It's OK.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          It think it depends which ones you have. Lots of companies use the name, it's not actually a particular brand. Kind of like "Champagne".
          Sabatier has various ranges, varying from the ones you buy in your high street shop to the versions you buy trade. Wusthof are very much the same.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

We've got a fairly full complement of global knives. They are well balanced and have grips that don't slip when you've got slippery fingers.

I use a ceramic steel which is pretty good.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Sabatier has various ranges, varying from the ones you buy in your high street shop to the versions you buy trade. Wusthof are very much the same.
              There are lots of companies that use the name Sabatier. No doubt they all have various ranges.

Have a look at Sabatier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and some of their websites e.g.

Couteau Sabatier K - Couteaux de cuisine 100% forgs - coutellerie Thiers
              Sabatier knife - sabatier knives - professional knife - kitchen knife - traditional knife - Sabatier : The cook's diamond
              Deglon : fabricant en coutellerie professionnelle

and you will understand what I mean.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Agreed. It's the same with Laguiole cutlery, it used to be one company and is now made by various companies
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Right then, I am now the proud owner of a 6000 grit Japanese waterstone and somehting called a Nakiri which is a sort of long thin square knife for chopping veg.

I think I'm going to pick myself up one of the nice ones at the weekend when I've done a bit more research.

Comment

Right then, I am now the proud owner of a 6000 grit Japanese waterstone and somehting called a Nakiri which is a sort of long thin square knife for chopping veg.

I think I'm going to pick myself up one of the nice ones at the weekend when I've done a bit more research.
                    Apparently these are the dog's chufties

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Apparently these are the dog's chufties
                      Yep they do look good, I haven't seen them in the shops here but the shop I bought the waterstone from had quite a wide selection including these and these. I'm not sure whether to go with something like that or one of the more traditional ones with a non-stainless steel blade like the chroma pro or one of these.

The Henckels shop had these which caught my eye as well. The 7000MCD ones are made using some sort of powdered metallurgy microcarbide "supersteel" core with a damascene cladding.

I suspect I am going to end up with a few of them

Comment

Working...
                      X