• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hail Hail!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Thats pretty shocking.
    Unfortunately CM, with both sets of fans, that's just 'normal' behaviour.

If I go to a Motherwell/Rangers game, I'll get the same, except i'll be a fenian bastard instead of an orange bastard

The arguement about who is the 'best' between the two is like arguing over whether you want to die of a heart attack or a stroke. Neither is going to be pleasant.

F U C K the lot of them
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Thats pretty shocking.
      More shocking is that all the people still go. I can't imagine deciding to take one's wife/kid somewhere that this is routine, just to watch a sports fixture.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've only ever been to football matches in England and they have a lot of chanting etc but they seem to try really hard to make it a "family experience".

Maybe it'll eventually go that way in Scotland.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Well I wish you would make your mind up. A bit further up the page you were whining and bitching about the singing of the "Boys of the Old Brigade", which patently IS about the Easter Rising. Which is it?
          You don't even know the history of the songs you're on about. "The Boys of the Old Brigade" was about Cogadh na Saoirse not about the Easter Rising.

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          You are clearly putting a great deal of effort into trying to dragging us down to your level.
          You just don't get it do you? You are at our level. No matter how much you squirm and deflect, the rest of Scottish society views the Old Firm as being as bad as each other. For every cry of "Dirty Fenian Bastard" there's a reply of "Dirty Orange Bastard". For every "F**k the Pope" there's a "F**k the Queen".

Both clubs have their bigoted element, Rangers are in UEFA's sights just now, but Celtic will be there soon enough, you actually need to qualify for the later stages for them to start to take notice. Instead of both sides trying to blame the other they need to work together to eradicate it. However, denial will not help. Get your head out of the sand and into the 21st century.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

I've only ever been to football matches in England and they have a lot of chanting etc but they seem to try really hard to make it a "family experience".

Maybe it'll eventually go that way in Scotland.
            For those who know, does it vary a lot between clubs or is that just what rival fans say? It sounds pretty grim up in the NE for instance... local stereotypes etc...
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
            X