• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Elterngeld und kindergeld

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post

Anyway, I figured out a long time ago that the most profitable IT skill on my CV is speaking German.
    True.

Now if that were an engineering degree you'd be snapped up, even if Welsh was your only language.

Love being an engineer me, red carpet is rolled out for this Dilbert every meeting he attends, ears tune in for a bit of my banter, sometimes the dialect throws them off tho. 'See you Florian, you're really getting on ma tits'
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I am a type of doughnut sold in Berlin?

I was told he should have said 'Ich bin Berliner' but my German is crap...

With the missus being a terp I get this all the time, apparent Khryushchov never said 'We will bury you' and caused all that fuss with his shoe - it was the terps fault, he really said 'We (ie us Sovs) will kind of leave you (ie you imperialist pigdogs) in the dust in our wake cos we're better at space and stuff than you'. It's a Russianism...

Terp = interpreter by the way...

Comment

Working...
        X