• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Elterngeld und kindergeld"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I am a type of doughnut sold in Berlin?

I was told he should have said 'Ich bin Berliner' but my German is crap...

With the missus being a terp I get this all the time, apparent Khryushchov never said 'We will bury you' and caused all that fuss with his shoe - it was the terps fault, he really said 'We (ie us Sovs) will kind of leave you (ie you imperialist pigdogs) in the dust in our wake cos we're better at space and stuff than you'. It's a Russianism...

Terp = interpreter by the way...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post

Anyway, I figured out a long time ago that the most profitable IT skill on my CV is speaking German.
    True.

Now if that were an engineering degree you'd be snapped up, even if Welsh was your only language.

Love being an engineer me, red carpet is rolled out for this Dilbert every meeting he attends, ears tune in for a bit of my banter, sometimes the dialect throws them off tho. 'See you Florian, you're really getting on ma tits'

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    what make I larf is i've been singing the praises of life on the mainland, be it, Belgium, Germany, Central Europe etc,

and this lot always larfed

and now....

they're saying that they agreed all along

funny old world, and good for you Scooter

if I get a contract down that way one day I'll join you for a Spaten.

Milan.
    Nice trick you have there, you've been spouting sense for years but nobody listens because of the twaddle you used to come out with.

Anyway, I figured out a long time ago that the most profitable IT skill on my CV is speaking German.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    Don't mock being dressed up as a gimp by the Hamburg train station, a plan B is a plan B.
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    FTFY
    As long as you're wearing a St Pauli T-shirt over the top you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    Don't mock being dressed up as a gimp by the Reeperbahn, a plan B is a plan B.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Stag weekends in Hamburg hardly qualify you to talk sg. Especially as you spend most of the time being ridiculed in your gimp outfit!!

Don't mock being dressed up as a gimp by the Hamburg train station, a plan B is a plan B.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    As someone who has been to Germany almost every year since 1991
    Stag weekends in Hamburg hardly qualify you to talk sg. Especially as you spend most of the time being ridiculed in your gimp outfit!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    what make I larf is i've been singing the praises of life on the mainland, be it, Belgium, Germany, Central Europe etc,

and now....

Milan.
    I like the way you include Central Europe in with Germany and Belgium.

Milan, the tuliphole you live and work in doesn't count. It's miles crappier than even the UK.

And of course, if you have the money to live well, London is still miles more interesting than Germany.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    As someone who has been to Germany almost every year since 1991, your posts amuse me.
    You're like a typical Brit who has been brainwashed that Britain is the best country in the world suddenly finding out the truth: that nowadays we're pretty mediocre compared to some of our neighbours.
    In fact we have more in common with the PIIGs than the European leader.

Oh hud yer whisst man or woman. Brain washed by London parliament yes - not anymore.

So why are the telegraph types aye blowing their trumpet about euro disney if it's not like they say?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied

and now....

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    As someone who has been to Germany almost every year since 1991, your posts amuse me.
    You're like a typical Brit who has been brainwashed that Britain is the best country in the world suddenly finding out the truth: that nowadays we're pretty mediocre compared to some of our neighbours.
    In fact we have more in common with the PIIGs than the European leader.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    started a topic Elterngeld und kindergeld

Elterngeld und kindergeld

Just learned the German people want to give us €300 a month for free. We shall receive two sums of money, one because Mrs scooer don't work, the people of Germany believe a mother should be supported financially somehow. Then we shall also receive money for the child up until they are 18 years old.

That's a lot of spaghetti.

Working...
X