• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This annoys me - validation and formatting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally agree, really annoying.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Another bank I use gets you to put in your DOB and tells you it must be in dd-mm-yyyy format.

And yes, you have to put the dashes in or it rejects your entry! FFS!

Comment

Anyone shooped at scan.com? They ask your first name, last name, post code, mothers maiden name and password to login (existing customer!!!) to place order FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Anyone shooped at scan.com? They ask your first name, last name, post code, mothers maiden name and password to login (existing customer!!!) to place order FFS!
          I do hope that's an htpps page...
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Even worse if you want it shipped outside of UK - then it's all manual - you send them the codes via email/phone and they create an invoice for you.
            If you then want to pay via UK Credit Card you have to be physically in the UK otherwise it rejects you, fortunately I know how to use a proxy.

Having said all that I have nothing but praise for them for good prices for components, shipping and excellent customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Another bank I use gets you to put in your DOB and tells you it must be in dd-mm-yyyy format.

And yes, you have to put the dashes in or it rejects your entry! FFS!

I guess they need to check you're not 105.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Sounds like a piece of Nick Fitz development. This is the exact nature of the piece of data I need, you as a user are an idiot, therefore even though it's easy to
                write I am going to put up a smug user message and increment the counter NickKnowsBest by one.
                http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...tml#post937172

Try not to talk such bollocks, it makes you look an even bigger tit than you are.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...tml#post937172

Try not to talk such bollocks, it makes you look an even bigger tit than you are.
                  As I said.

Well done.

FFS
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                  X