• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I wouldn't think about it either. Devices for the masses.
    Like a smartphone then. Or a laptop.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I have found that the more connected everything gets the more I need to make an effort to disconnect. Peace and quiet is now a luxury item.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Like a smartphone then. Or a laptop.
        Or a TV, I bought an Ipad because it was better than a laptop for surfing the web/emails etc around the house. I haven't checked the market recently but at that time it was the best tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          I have found that the more connected everything gets the more I need to make an effort to disconnect. Peace and quiet is now a luxury item.
          aye. I havn't worn a watch for ten years, and my mobile phone lies unused in a drawer in the spare room

in fact, i tried to set up a blog a few weeks ago, but the registration required a moblie number so they could text me. When I put the landline number in, it blew me out, so I gave up.
          connectedness fascists

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
            Theres one disabled chap at current gig who really gets a lot of benefits from his iPad

For most though, they're overpriced toys and rather difficult to justify their your wife/gf on a permie wage
            LookTel - Mobile Object Recognition and Remote Assistance Solutions for Visually Impaired Users
            LookTel is a planned suite of assistive solutions for people with visual impairments or blindness.
            Signed-up CUKers have have so far led blind people to the edge of quarries, a cliff edge, an active volcano and a fish shop. And they only wanted directions to the local shops too.

Joking aside, seems like a neat app.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              aye. I havn't worn a watch for ten years, and my mobile phone lies unused in a drawer in the spare room

I haven't worn a watch since I was about 7 or 8 and I received a digital one with a stopwatch for my birthday, which I knackered whilst falling off my bike about 2 hours later. So that's 20 or 30 years without even owning one (although actually I do have the child's wind up timex one I was given as a christening present).
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
              X