• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Preference...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Maybe the people paying a handsome rate want something in return other than you lying in you bed winking or you sockie hunting on here.
    Pathetic attempt at an insult, mind you that's all I expect from sockies.

Happy customer who got all deliverables early or on time, parted on very friendly terms and would have been extended (yet again) if they hadn't had a bunch of permie resource freed up by the cancellation of a major programme at another of their customers.

Comment

(i), mainly because a 2-days-from-home SLA can probably be massaged into a 3-days-from-home SLA on the first renewal.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        Maybe the people paying a handsome rate want something in return other than you lying in you bed winking or you sockie hunting on here.
        Some of us don't need a line manager breathing down our necks to get the work done.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Some of us don't need a line manager breathing down our necks to get the work done.

You mean they let you do the TPS reports from home
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            Having worked almost exclusively from home for the last 12 months I'd take option i) it's quite a luxury. Bit silly that so few companies are comfortable with people working from home, many roles could be done from absolutely anywhere so long as you have a reliable internet connection and phone line.
            It seems to be becoming a common opinion these days, despite still limited numbers of companies letting you work from home.

I am old fashioned, despite working in IT on cutting edge technology, I 100% prefer working in an office.

I hate having to do meetings on the phone, even video conference calls just aren't the same as meeting face to face.

While I am a contractor, I prefer the social aspect of being around other people and being able to get to know them a little bit, and it makes working relations a lot better.

I'm not sure this is entirely the reason why most companies do not allow it right enough, I think that it's the more old fashioned lack of trust/bums on seats opinion over home working.

As for the original question, the mix of working from home a couple of days is maybe for me a good mix when faced with a role a fair distance away.

In that scenario, I think I could do that, but all things being equal, I'd do the 5 day role (assuming the 50mins includes getting to/from train station).

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              It seems to be becoming a common opinion these days, despite still limited numbers of companies letting you work from home.

I am old fashioned, despite working in IT on cutting edge technology, I 100% prefer working in an office.

I hate having to do meetings on the phone, even video conference calls just aren't the same as meeting face to face.

While I am a contractor, I prefer the social aspect of being around other people and being able to get to know them a little bit, and it makes working relations a lot better.

I'm not sure this is entirely the reason why most companies do not allow it right enough, I think that it's the more old fashioned lack of trust/bums on seats opinion over home working.

As for the original question, the mix of working from home a couple of days is maybe for me a good mix when faced with a role a fair distance away.

In that scenario, I think I could do that, but all things being equal, I'd do the 5 day role (assuming the 50mins includes getting to/from train station).
              WHS

It is so much easier to get things sorted out face to face. Unless you know the person you're working with very well communicating via phone and email just misses out too much.
              A couple of days a week working at home is OK, full time would just depress me.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

WJMOS

I worked from home for a few days, too easy to get drawn into irrelevant non-work sh1te.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                X