• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Menial tasks that you actually enjoy doing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Can't you just have a compost heap, and stick it with all the cabbage leaves or something?
    Back when I first started working abroad I would get home to a lawn at least 18 inches high. The only thing for it was to buy a rotary petrol driven mower with some oomph. For the first cut or two, I'd push the handle down to that the mower was on its back wheels.

Rake up, then mow again. Repeat as necessary.

By the end of a long sunny afternoon I'd have a nice pile of grass cum weeds, most of which was getting nicely dry. At around 7pm I'd light the thing and shove spuds in it.

Evening meal, some wine, then down to the pub for the last hour or so.

Back home, usually with some mates, to enjoy the spuds.

I used to really enjoy that. I'd sleep well too.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Sysman,

very nice

Milan.

Comment

Deleting accounts from leaving public sector employees.

I've been quite busy of late.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          Back when I first started working abroad I would get home to a lawn at least 18 inches high. The only thing for it was to buy a rotary petrol driven mower with some oomph. For the first cut or two, I'd push the handle down to that the mower was on its back wheels.

Rake up, then mow again. Repeat as necessary.

By the end of a long sunny afternoon I'd have a nice pile of grass cum weeds, most of which was getting nicely dry. At around 7pm I'd light the thing and shove spuds in it.

Evening meal, some wine, then down to the pub for the last hour or so.

Back home, usually with some mates, to enjoy the spuds.

I used to really enjoy that. I'd sleep well too.
          Can't say that I'd ever get that excited about cutting the lawn. A big pile of grass and cum and weeds! Dirty bugger! Not to mention what you and your mates get up to with your spuds!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
          X