• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DailyMail Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    I regard this as an economic certainty, it was only a matter of time before house values dropped back to their long term average versus wages. I think it will take an adjustment of around 50% before that is acheved in many parts of the UK. With taxation rising, wages static/falling, the economy truly toasted and general inflation at about 5% the stage is now set for this to happen over the next 5 to 10 years. Overall, this will be a good thing, my kids might be able to buy somewhere to live then.
    Any reason you don't buy it for them you tight git?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Overall, this will be a good thing, my kids might be able to buy somewhere to live then.
      Looking for a house would be of least concern for kids in future years: tinned food, a motorcycle and a black market Avtomat Kalashnikova 47 would be life's priorities.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Looking for a house would be of least concern for kids in future years: tinned food, a motorcycle and a black market Avtomat Kalashnikova 47 would be life's priorities.
        I expect the prices for secret underground bunkers will buck the downward trend.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          I expect the prices for secret underground bunkers will buck the downward trend.
          Quick, don't tell DimPrawn - let's all invest in bunkers!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            I was at a BBQ the other week with a chap who was trying to run a NEETs scheme up there.

Talk about flogging a dead horse. Although he did say Brum was far worse .
            An article in today's Wail relates how a butcher up north advertising a minimum wage job for an apprentice was snowed under with hundreds of applicants, many from graduates in Law and IT, and some offering to work free for a month!

Either the graduates have genuinely seen no hint of job prospects in their field and given up hope of that, or they half hope to get useful background knowledge to be a chef (not so unrealistic - most head chefs, celebrity or not, are pretty well paid), or they want to beef up their animal butchery skills in anticipation of life post WW3.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Any reason you don't buy it for them you tight git?
              If I was as rich as Dim, I would buy them at least 5 houses each.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                An article in today's Wail relates how a butcher up north advertising a minimum wage job for an apprentice was snowed under with hundreds of applicants, many from graduates in Law (Social and Legal Studies) and IT (Information Technology and Media Studies), and some offering to work free for a month!

Either the graduates have genuinely seen no hint of job prospects in their field and given up hope of that, or they half hope to get useful background knowledge to be a chef (not so unrealistic - most head chefs, celebrity or not, are pretty well paid), or they want to beef up their animal butchery skills in anticipation of life post WW3.
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  A good thing Shirley?

Unless you want to use your untapped 'wealth' as collateral to fund a lifestyle you can't really afford.
                  Doesn't stop the wife in good times or bad.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

What's interesting is that most of the other major economies are pulling themselves out - except the UK. So we have relatively high inflation, high unemployment, massive debt, no recovery in manufacturing or services.

We're starting to look like Japan. And that is seriously bad news.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Nothing a spot of mass immigration won't solve.

Comment

Working...
                      X