• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I want some shiny things

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Mine are blue. What about yours?
    They're the orange colour and I have black storage jars which I really like.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Aren't things boring on CUK when we are reduced to discussing the colour of our pots and pans?
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Aren't things boring on CUK when we are reduced to discussing the colour of our pots and pans?
        Well I am off to buy some nice screwdrivers. That's pretty interesting
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          Interesting idea, where do you find out about these high interest foreign accounts?
          I simply meant to open a fairly standard bank account in countries with high interest rates. For instance Brazil

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          In India they give nice interest rates.
          But I doubt you can put your GBP, EUR or USD in the account.
          The issue is simply getting an account in that country in the first place. I don't know how you do this. In the US I think you can apply for a 'fake' SSN and then get a proper US account, it all appears a bit torturous but OTOH might be worth the effort. You could even make a plan B out of setting this up for other people.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Brazil, India = 3rd world.

You would be barmy to put money there as a foreigner (unless it is dirty money you need to launder).

try getting it out and you will encounter all sorts of regulations, taxes, fees, flying pig donations, pay-offs, bribes etc etc delays, forms - and all to the most decent of folks.

The US will give you a TIN (tax id number) not an SSN from the State where your account is and if you fill out a certain form which confirms you will pay tax on the interest in the UK or the US as you wish.

US = 0.95% interest maybe 1.5 with a 5 year CD - great.
            Last edited by Fishface; 5 May 2011, 00:01. Reason: dirty cash

Comment

A word of warning - If you open an account with a US bank, and then don't touch it for a couple of weeks (or not much longer), they'll pinch the lot on the grounds that it's a "dormant account" and then deny it ever existed!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
                Brazil, India = 3rd world.
                No they're not. Not that the term really has a strict definition it would appear... we use the term in common parlance to mean something different from what it was originally coined to describe:
                Third World - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                Three Worlds Theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  I have a matching lasagne dish that is also 18 years old. Still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Oh.

Lidl have some in stock once again then?
                    I got some of these.

Wiha SoftFinish® Sätze / Schraubendreher / Onlineshop / Wiha.com / Hochwertige Schraubenzieher und Schraubendreher. Premium Werkzeuge für Profis.

Not shiny though, they have a nice matt chrome finish.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X