• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to do????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all, no harm trying.

Pimp has been e-mailed lets see if this goes anywhere
    Last edited by norrahe; 27 April 2011, 18:07.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Hmmm, spoke to pimp again this morning.

Unwilling to give me the name of the client.

Apparently they are an "exclusive client" of his and a big company that I will never have heard of.

And "it's all a bit political"

Methinks this will not be for me.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Apparently they are an "exclusive client" of his and a big company that I will never have heard of.

2 Daft questions.

1. Right of Subs?

2. Any possibility of doing the work remotely for your current client?

(This is all assuming that you get the other role).
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

I've had a couple of those. They never go anywhere. My guess is that the Pimp isn't on the clients supplier list and is trying to circumvent their normal hiring process as a result.

If he won't tell you who it is, tell him you're not interested.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            2 Daft questions.

1. Right of Subs?

2. Any possibility of doing the work remotely for your current client?

(This is all assuming that you get the other role).
            1. no
            2. no - gig is very much hands on

The pimps reluctance to diclose who the clientco is off putting to say the least

Also the pimp being from computer people never helps, they are not high on my list of agencies I don't generally deal with.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
            X