• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The OFFICIAL Royal Wedding thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I do believe we've covered that one before, that is meant to signify the Red hand of Ulster when they sing Rule Britannia.

What's the excuse here?

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      I do believe we've covered that one before, that is meant to signify the Red hand of Ulster when they sing Rule Britannia.

What's the excuse here?

The last photo is a guy holding his hand up at the football, the first photo is a bunch of guys holding their arms up as a deliberate political and cultural gesture in Israel which is exactly the same as the political and cultural gesture of the Nazi party. Did they not think that might not be somehow indiscreet or tasteless in any way?

Comment

Did they not think that might not be somehow indiscreet or tasteless in any way?
        I didn't say they were intelligent now, did I?
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

Thatcher is not going but Major is, Brown and Blair are not going. Pinochet is sending his ashes so we can use his airstrips and the Cambodian royal family could not be arsed turning up. Our armed services are told to not faint when they faint which is good instruction to an involuntary physical response where your brain shuts down and Kate should use less eyeliner which she seems to have painted on with a roller these days when she marries the baldy goofy chap. I think if I don't shut my brain down or shut off the TV I will have an involuntary physical response by the time this week ends.

Comment

For someone with no interest in it, you sure do show a lot of interest in it.

I'll be getting pissed at my mates BBQ trying to forget about the incestious ****fest going on by the creme of high society at our expense, warm in the glow that I've got an extra days bank holiday for all that tax revenue spunked up the wall celebrating another addition to Britian's greatest gravy train going.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The clue's in the filename:

Code:
              http://productshopnyc.com/htdocs/pope-benedict-nazi-salute.jpg
              Ta, I didn't look at the filename, just the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                I do believe that is the English Olympic squad of '38.
                I think it's the full England team, who played in Berlin around 1938.

The Olympics were 1936, and we would have dispatched a GB amateur squad to those.

Comment

A royal enthusiast has begun camping out in front of Westminster Abbey for the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

John Loughrey, 56, began his week-long vigil on Monday night, saying he planned to stay in his position to ensure a prime spot for the event.

The man from south-west London, said: "I have always been loyal to the Royal Family."

He was dressed in a Kate and William T-shirt stating "Diana Would Be Proud".

The former assistant chef, from Wandsworth, a self-confessed "super fan" of the late Diana, Princess of Wales, wore images of Kate and William tied round his waist and a Union flag hat.

Source
                  Guess we won't be hearing much from SAS then.

Comment

The Connery works better than than the Moore but if you are willing to get elecution lessons to pull chicks in the fatest country in the world when you don't live there then you must be an ugly git.

Yes, ugly enough.

You're right though, there are enough fatties in England so no desire to go to the USA for more of the same. In my home town many of the fittest birds seem to be from eastern Europe, particularly Poland. Don't know if they're the cream of the crop or if it's worth going over for a recce sometime.

Besides, the way this thread has gone proves that WWII is still very much still in people's minds. Maybe the Polish lasses will welcome me with open arms seeing as my grandad helped beat the jerries.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

In my daydreams, I am going to steal one of those little "in emergency break glass" hammers and run riot in the TV shop.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X