• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trading opportunities with large sums of cash?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? Interesting.

My understanding was that it only applied when the money was being actively used for trading.

Comment

Originally posted by TopBanana View Post
      Really? Interesting.

My understanding was that it only applied when the money was being actively used for trading.
      What?

I don't know where you're getting your info but you need some education in small Ltd companies!

Or...Get an accountant, ask him. Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        What?

I don't know where you're getting your info but you need some education in small Ltd companies!

Or...Get an accountant, ask him. Simples.
        I think the OP meant you can claim entrepreneurial relief on cash in the bank

I have checked and you can

Comment

Originally posted by TopBanana View Post
          OK, so we don't qualify for entrepreneurs' relief if we just have a load of cash piled up.
          Do we not. I thought that if we wound up a company, we could claim ER - as long as we don't just start up another LtdCo the next day.

Comment

Buy a shop and get someone in to manage it

Comment

Working...
            X