• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Trading opportunities with large sums of cash?"

Collapse

• pacharan
    replied
    Buy a shop and get someone in to manage it

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by TopBanana View Post
    OK, so we don't qualify for entrepreneurs' relief if we just have a load of cash piled up.
    Do we not. I thought that if we wound up a company, we could claim ER - as long as we don't just start up another LtdCo the next day.

Leave a comment:

• DeludedAussie
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    What?

I don't know where you're getting your info but you need some education in small Ltd companies!

Or...Get an accountant, ask him. Simples.
    I think the OP meant you can claim entrepreneurial relief on cash in the bank

I have checked and you can

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Really? Interesting.

My understanding was that it only applied when the money was being actively used for trading.
    What?

I don't know where you're getting your info but you need some education in small Ltd companies!

Or...Get an accountant, ask him. Simples.

Leave a comment:

• TopBanana
    replied
    Really? Interesting.

My understanding was that it only applied when the money was being actively used for trading.

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    eh x 2. I just claimed it in april.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    OK, so we don't qualify for entrepreneurs' relief if we just have a load of cash piled up. etc..
    Eh?

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Weed, Coke, Heroin, E.

Allegedly the mark-up is quite good.

Leave a comment:

• TopBanana
    replied
    You must take me for a fool Simon.

Large pile of beans. Final offer.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    With careful planning I can help you trade a large sum of cash for a small pile of magic beans?!

Leave a comment:

• TopBanana
    replied
    Aaarghhh

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    OK, so we don't qualify for entrepreneurs' relief if we just have a load of cash piled up. There must be opportunities out there to make a little cash by actively trading. Perhaps buying in bulk and selling on in somewhat lesser bulk? Any thoughts?
    For Sale, Resale Distressed / Repossessed UK Property - United Kingdom

Buy up for rental or buy up, quick coat of magnolia and hey presto, sell on.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    OK, so we don't qualify for entrepreneurs' relief if we just have a load of cash piled up. There must be opportunities out there to make a little cash by actively trading. Perhaps buying in bulk and selling on in somewhat lesser bulk? Any thoughts?
    you can buy property, it can only go up, since they don't make Britain any bigger, right.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Open a tat shop?

Leave a comment:

• TopBanana
    started a topic Trading opportunities with large sums of cash?

Trading opportunities with large sums of cash?

Working...
X