• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

barbecues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Check the park and common byelaws or laws (depending what park you live next to.)

Lots of parks and commons state that you cannot have open fires including barbecues due to the risk of fire.

Quite a few of the parks and commons near me are Nature Reserves so fire damage can ruin the ecosystem for endangered insects and other bugs.

And yes the police do randomly enforce them.

Nope completely different experience.

For one you get a guy cooking while you get to drink a glass of wine (or a bottle), and do nothing after you have prepared the salad. .

SH I'll give you that, it is very sociable, basically, summer kitchen outside, so from the perspective of everybody being together charcoal or gas doesn't matter

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      thanks Hyper :-)

How's the TVR ?

Milan.
      No problems benes old chap.

The Tuscan is in desperate need of a service from those good chaps at Racing Green - took the old girl out for a spin last weekend in the good weather - had it been a pedigree I think Charles would have put her down with the trusty William Evans.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        alright Norahhe luv,

slow roasting meats in the winter time

I've wondered about that too but isn't it too cold outside and the weber has no insulation

what is the coldest outdoor temperature you've run in

and what is the internal temperature of the weber while doing this ?

Milan.
        1 or 2 degrees and you just need to keep topping up the briquettes more often. Temp inside was 120 to 150
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

cool good to know thanks luv

hey,

on Sunday a friend and family are coming over, will be doing the first grill of the year.

Friend is Muslim and therefore I was thinking, chicken or beef

Obviously I am not planning to pess about with steaks, and will be running the rotisserie

ok, we can put a couple of marienated chickens on the rotisserie

but, question luv,

do you know any interesting things I can do with like beef joints/steaks, I mean marinate them, pile them on the rotisserrie skewer, separated by onions and peppers etc and wrapped in tin foil for a couple of hours then an hour in the open to brown off

anything you can recommend for beef, what cuts to buy etc combination with onions etc for the rotisserie

thanks,

Milan.

Comment

Hey benes old boy, try marinating some steaks (go for 28 day matured rump from a good butchers, lots of flavour and tender, unlike supermarket produce) in mirin wine and dark soy sauce with some garlic, ginger, sesame oil and some rich molasses.

Leave it in the fridge marinating for at least day and then take it out and let it get to room temp before flash BBQing it.

Or eat it raw like I do.

Comment

Numpty question maybe... but what makes the Weber charcoal ones that much better than any other make?

Apart from the kebab shop style accessories.

I'm off to B&Q shortly as it's such a lovely day.

Comment

Not sure Pondy, I've had my Weber for about 8 years and has been mostly left outside. Still works, not rusted, can cater for medium sized party crowds.

I guess corrosion could be a problem with cheaper varieties.

The Weber charcoal might be more expensive as well but it lasts longer in the BBQ.

Lovely day today - quite tempted to have a BBQ myself.

Comment

Working...
                X