• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I loathe recruitment consultants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I am not talking about a frigging business model shortarse. And whatever the model was Caan didnt invent it
    Cannt?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

What they have in fact done is to hire and (worst of all) empower many of the least successful of the scroats who have used their slimy bulltulip to worm their way into jobs paying better than they are already earning.
      are you talking about recruitment agencies here or internal HR depts? suppose it doesn't matter as it applies to both
      sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
        are you talking about recruitment agencies here or internal HR depts? suppose it doesn't matter as it applies to both

I have no problem with most HR people and there a re a great many of highly sucessful recruitment agencies out there. I am talking about the useless recruitment consultants that have gravitated into jobs as direct recruiters for companies.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          Cannt?
          They are all Cannts.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I have no problem with most HR people and there a re a great many of highly sucessful recruitment agencies out there. I am talking about the useless recruitment consultants that have gravitated into jobs as direct recruiters for companies.
            Jealous?
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Jealous?
              Of course, they have a bigger budget for hair gel and shiny suits
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I know was joshing, assuming you were an agent from your username

me? I think I prefer recruiters to HR peeps - recruiters do serve some kind of function, as much as i like to slag agents have worked with some good ones and have relatives and friends who are recruiters - so taken on the whole they aint that bad (IT contract recruiters are on the whole bad though)

HR peeps on the other hand are just useless and IMO full of their own importance - when I was a perm the HR at the place I worked with were so bad that no one could understand why they walked about like they owned the place- it was a predominantly female team who refused to show any respect to the accountants and project staff on the same floor and would regularly create a cacophonous racket of cackling, shouting across the office, stupidly loud ring tones and daily whiteboard meetings - had they been a super efficient productive team it would have been more acceptable but no one really knew what they did
                sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Working...
                X