• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Do you have any spare?
    aye loads...

Comment

I take it that you had successful results of doing this before?
      Well, I didn't get the job, if that's what you mean
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
        agent in "suggesting something useful" shocker!

I very rarely make negative marks about agents on this forum TAV. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          aye loads...
          Have you successfully managed to sell any on E-Bay?
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

... if an agent won't take no for an answer? I had an interview for a role on the dark side yesterday for a role that I wasn't fully qualified to do. Had to do a presentation (which was badly done, but somehow the client was impressed) and answer some technical questions (which I answered badly).

It appears that I am in with a chance of getting the role, but don't want it. The agent will not take no for an answer. Obviously he will lose out on his lump of commission if I don't take the role.

Any suggestions? (Sarcasm, witty and rude answers welcome).
            Apologies for being sensible, but couldn't you just tell the agent the real reason why you don't want the job (whatever the real reason is)? You have a perfect right to do so: an interview is a 2-way assessment process, not a cattle market.
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Have you successfully managed to sell any on E-Bay?
              As hysterical as this banter is, get some gonads and just tell the agent you don't want the job.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                As hysterical as this banter is, get some gonads and just tell the agent you don't want the job.

HTH
                Agreed, its your life, all you do is say "Look im not interested, please don't contact me again"

Or "So the client agreed to the 50k....per month?"

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                  Agreed, its your life, all you do is say "Look im not interested, please don't contact me again"

Or "So the client agreed to the 50k....per month?"
                  Oh I know it's my life.... just looking for better ways to slap the agent and tell them to bugger off.

If of all the 8 candidates that they interviewed, they are only interested in me (i.e. the person who is least qualified to do the job), I would be worried.

I am waiting for the guy who interviewed me to call me so I an tell him what he needs to hear (i.e. if he wants the headache of chasing the money he paid to the agent after a few months, then either he is insane or absolutely nuts). If the company comes to me with an opportunity to go in as a contractor until they find someone better, well that may be a different matter (obviously, subject to contract, etc).

Comment

Oh I know it's my life.... just looking for better ways to slap the agent and tell them to bugger off.

If of all the 8 candidates that they interviewed, they are only interested in me (i.e. the person who is least qualified to do the job), I would be worried.
                    Maybe all the other 7 candidates had completely tulip personalities who they knew they wouldn't get on with, there as you being an ex-contractor they knew wouldn't brown-nose and just get on with the job.

Anyway if being polite doesn't work with the agent then be blatantly rude - i.e. "I told you f***ing NO I won't do the job" and go into a bit of a rant with some swear words thrown in not letting the agent talk. I have found if being polite doesn't work being blatantly rude does.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Maybe all the other 7 candidates had completely tulip personalities who they knew they wouldn't get on with, there as you being an ex-contractor they knew wouldn't brown-nose and just get on with the job.

Anyway if being polite doesn't work with the agent then be blatantly rude - i.e. "I told you f***ing NO I won't do the job" and go into a bit of a rant with some swear words thrown in not letting the agent talk. I have found if being polite doesn't work being blatantly rude does.
                      Ironically, I know that there personalities have a lot to do with it. The agent is too blinkered in his ways to take no for an answer. As far as the agent is concerned, I am not looking at the "Bigger Picture" and "The Long Term View". Anyway, I didn't like the techie who interviewed me as he was a complete c*ck, but me being the diplomatic type, didn't take the bait during the interview, and i know I would walk sooner rather than later if I actually worked with the guy on a day to day basis.

I was suppose to be called by the interviewer earlier, but I will give the guy a piece of my mind and tell him that I don't the job, if he ever decide to call me.

Comment

Working...
                      X