• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    You forgot to tulip in his mouth.
    No need. They talk it all the time.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Say yes, string them along and just don't turn up on the first day!
      This isn't a contract role. I would still need to sign the company's contract (not the agency one). I am waiting for the company to call me later on and will tell the company the viewpoint that TAV came up with.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I don't understand, why all the excuses?

Why not just say "I'm sorry, I'm not interested in the job anymore."

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          I don't understand, why all the excuses?

Why not just say "I'm sorry, I'm not interested in the job anymore."
          Because the agent won't take no for an answer. Seemples.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            How about "look mate, I've said no, if you ring me again I will write '**** my mouth' followed by your phone number on every toilet wall I see between now and the day I die?"
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

grow some gonads!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I had an issue with an agent a while back. I did a 10 minute phone interview, didn't like the client and told the agent so.

I was on another client site. Went for a meeting for an hour.

Six missed calls. Phone went again, I answered it was the agent offering the contract. Need you there day after next blah blah.

I said no and asked for another £100 per day. Ten minutes later. Yes. OK!

I was trying to hold off another contract and told her it would take a couple of days and said 12 on Friday. She phoned me 18 times in two days. I had to turn my phone off.

Eventually I agreed to do it. I hated it. Gave notice six weeks into it. First impressions were right. *******!

Just be firm. 'Not interested' and if necessary put the phone down. I hate pushy *******.
                I find your consistent modesty powerfully attractive.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  grow some gonads!
                  Do you have any spare?

Comment

that's a perspective i was looking for. Thanks for that tav.
                    agent in "suggesting something useful" shocker!

"Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
                    SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      How about "look mate, I've said no, if you ring me again I will write '**** my mouth' followed by your phone number on every toilet wall I see between now and the day I die?"
                      I take it that you had successful results of doing this before?

Comment

Working...
                      X