• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google Rail: Going Nowhere Fast

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    This is why software engineers aren't allowed to do proper engineering
    Or alternatively, that's why so much software doesn't work
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Which wheels would need to touch to make it work? Unless the yellow wheel is entirely redundant and not connected to either of the lower wheels, it still won't work.
      • The driving cog turns clockwise and turns the red cog anti-clockwise
      • The red cog drives the left and middle wheels clockwise
      • The wheels' cogs are double-thickness and the red/yellow cogs are in separate planes
      • So the red cog drives the middle wheel clockwise, which in turn drives the yellow cog anti-clockwise, which finally turns the right wheel clockwise
      • So all wheels turn clockwise on the rail, and in fact all 3 are geared equally

Someone check this please, I think it's sound though I doubt it is what the designer intended.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        • The driving cog turns clockwise and turns the red cog anti-clockwise
        • The red cog drives the left and middle wheels clockwise
        • The wheels' cogs are double-thickness and the red/yellow cogs are in separate planes
        • So the red cog drives the middle wheel clockwise, which in turn drives the yellow cog anti-clockwise, which finally turns the right wheel clockwise
        • So all wheels turn clockwise on the rail, and in fact all 3 are geared equally

Someone check this please, I think it's sound though I doubt it is what the designer intended.
        Maybe, but there's absolutely no sign of any valve-gear, unless there's some serious poppet-cam stuff going on between the frames - or any real connection between what seems to be the cylinders and the wheels.

Looks like it's been designed by a Bob, as there is also nowhere for the driver to sit.

Comment

The yellow wheel is an immobiliser.

Comment

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
            X