• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for parents on the panel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Punctuation aside, your use of genitive case here is not exactly the milk of human kindness. Are your kids an "it"?
    I don't think you mean 'genitive case'. I expect that you mean gender, which is nothing to do with case. 'It' is an acceptable way of describing a single human of unknown gender. I prefer 'they', but accept that it is a bit modern and illogical (being a plural) for everyone's taste.

A little Learning is a dangerous Thing;
    Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian Spring:
    There shallow Draughts intoxicate the Brain,
    And drinking largely sobers us again.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      While I was stuck in hospital after giving birth, I was in a bed next to an awful Irish woman. She had given birth to a 12lb, ginger, monster child. She asked me to keep an eye on the child while she showered; but when it started crying I couldn't bring myself to pick it up.

<shudder>
      What has 'ginger' got to do with it?

I see casual discrimination is still socialy acceptable as long as its not racist or sexist.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

I see casual discrimination is still socialy acceptable as long as its not racist or sexist.
        Gingers don't have souls. Well known fact that.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I think MP meant that the size of the baby was so great as to make it unlovable, despite its gorgeous copper locks.

Comment

Back on subject.

Why don't you get an Au Pair Sas?

Preferably Blonde. Swedish. Youngish. 18/19 maybe 20. Petite. 5'2 - 5'4', small supple feet, fair, soft skin, large firm.

gahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Back in a mo.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Back on subject.

Preferably Bland. Weedy. Waspish. 18/19 maybe 20 stone. Petty. 52 - 54, small stubby feet.
              Looking for another contract, MF?

Comment

I don't mind a bit of racial horseplay actually.

The ginger element just added to the general unpleasant angry look of this baby.

I trot out the ginger jokes with the best of them, but I will admit I find a lot of gingers sexy for some reason.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Back on subject.

Preferably Blonde. Swedish. Youngish. 18/19 maybe 20. Petite. 5'2 - 5'4', small supple feet, fair, soft skin, large firm.

gahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Back in a mo.
                  would be more appropriate smilie surely?

Comment

The ginger element just added to the general unpleasant angry look of this baby.

I trot out the ginger jokes with the best of them, but I will admit I find a lot of gingers sexy for some reason.

Comment

Well if you've got it, flaunt it!

(Btw, I'm strawberry blonde!)

Comment

Working...
                      X