• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for parents on the panel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Clearly, now we know who people met when they claim Wilmslow is real.

It's a very normal set-up. There are lots of career-nannies and special websites to find them on.

Humans are programmed to love small children they are responsible for. A good nanny falls in love with the kids they look after, as do primary school teachers.
    Your own kids will take precedence was my point.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      true.
      my kids take everything. precedence, food, beer, money, laptops, sweat off of my brow

like locusts they are. a blooming swarm of them

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

But that's not what you said.

I take it you don't know anyone who was adopted or has adopted.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

BBC iPlayer - A Home for Maisie

Good point. For example the documentary above from a few days ago. Watched it amazed. Completely selfless people who have adopted 9 kids that the care system was having problems with the. The last one 8 year old Maisie was put into care at four after her father beat her mother to within an inch of her life in front of the kids. Her young brothers tried to stop him and were also beat him. She witnessed all of it and much more. She then spent the next two years or so with another 10 'mums'.

It's an incredible documentary and incredible people.

I could never do it.

(the first two minutes give an indication of what it will be like)
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I see being adopted as the same as being a biological child. I meant some random kid at the same nursery your kid goes to. They mean nothing to you in comparison to your own kid be it biological, adopted etc.

Comment

I see being adopted as the same as being a biological child. I meant some random kid at the same nursery your kid goes to. They mean nothing to you in comparison to your own kid be it biological, adopted etc.
              I think what the OPs are saying, is that if you spend a length of time with any child, you will feel affection for it, regardless if its yours or not.
              And I think adults* are programmed to help any children: certainly if I found a child in distress, I would not be able to ignore it.

*Excluding pathological ones of course
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I think what the OPs are saying, is that if you spend a length of time with any child, you will feel affection for it, regardless if its yours or not.
                And I think adults* are programmed to help any children: certainly if I found a child in distress, I would not be able to ignore it.

*Excluding pathological ones of course
                Punctuation aside, your use of genitive case here is not exactly the milk of human kindness. Are your kids an "it"?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

certainly if I found a child in distress, I would not be able to ignore it.
                  While I was stuck in hospital after giving birth, I was in a bed next to an awful Irish woman. She had given birth to a 12lb, ginger, monster child. She asked me to keep an eye on the child while she showered; but when it started crying I couldn't bring myself to pick it up.

<shudder>
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Punctuation aside, your use of genitive case here is not exactly the milk of human kindness. Are your kids an "it"?
                    It is the common term for kids in general if you don't know their gender.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

It is the common term for kids in general if you don't know their gender.
                      No it's not. I think you'll find the agreed term is "Lil' bastards"
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X