• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fermat's Last Theorem.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    But if that is the case why hasn't anyone at least come up with a plausible "flawed" proof to show what Fermat might have done. His proof must have appeared to be good at least superficially.
    There are thousands of flawed proofs. Some partial ones as well.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

There we go

Simple proof of Fermat's last theorem

the wonders of the Internet
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 12 April 2011, 07:25.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        But if that is the case why hasn't anyone at least come up with a plausible "flawed" proof to show what Fermat might have done. His proof must have appeared to be good at least superficially.
        There have been various explanations. He did prove it for n = 4. He probably had in mind generalising that for higher powers.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

For simple proofs that aren't actually wrong you can start here:

Proof of Fermat's Last Theorem for specific exponents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I got to the point of only needing to prove it for prime exponents when I was at uni. I personally think there is some mileage in looking at logarithms.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
          X