• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New tax year, New divies. What will you be doing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Spending as little as possible. Want to plough back money into co and diversify. Thinking of buying a gang mower and getting some council maintenance contracts. Just need to find some cock who will operate it for not a lot of money.
    You might want to work on your people skills.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
      Sensibly (boringly) keeping it aside so that it lasts me all year
      I did consider this, but then changed my mind.

I'm fast coming to the view, maybe getting older is something to do with it, that life is to be lived.

I work hard and that enables me to enjoy my life. Watching a pension grow, share portfolio graphs or the number of BTLs increase is not my idea of living. After all you can't take it with you and you may depart sooner than you plan and you could have done so much more.

Fast bikes, fast cars, great holidays and good food.
      Last edited by Scrag Meister; 7 April 2011, 11:05.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        FTFY
        WTF is a Hooker? And are they expensive?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          WTF is a Hooker? And are they expensive?
          Probably cheaper than maintaining a girlfriend or wife.....

Comment

We move into our new house in two weeks. Signed the contracts yesterday.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

Well done. On your way to property millionairedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                Congrats. Nice to hear the somebody is able to get a house.....

Comment

Straight into ISAs up to the max, the rest I hope will suffice to cover the cost of living over the year.
                  Any good mid- to long term stock recommendations? Preferably on LSE, but I'm also thinking about Sony as it still hasn't rebounded after the quake...
                  Last edited by xchaotic; 7 April 2011, 11:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                    I did consider this, but then changed my mind.

I'm fast coming to the view, maybe getting older is something to do with it, that life is to be lived.

I work hard and that enables me to enjoy my life. Watching a pension grow, share portfolio graphs or the number of BTLs increase is not my idea of living. After all you can't take it with you and you may depart sooner than you plan and you could have done so much more.

Fast bikes, fast cars, great holidays and good food.
                    Well, yes, life is to be lived, I completely agree... but this little annoying thing called work keeps getting in the way so idea being that the warchest becomes big enough that it actually no longer needs topping up.
                    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
                      Straight into ISAs up to the max, the rest I hope will suffice to cover the cost of living over the year.
                      Any good mid- to long term stock recommendations? Preferably on LSE, but I'm also thinking about Sony as it still hasn't rebounded after the quake...
                      Buy and sell Shell, BP, United Utilities, ARM. If you are able to ride the waves for those then you will make a fortune. I have bought and sold Shell 2 times in the last 6 months. However made quite a loss on a bad recommendation of Randgold Resources. Also try out BATS and IMT.

Comment

Working...
                      X