• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New tax year, New divies. What will you be doing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
    Agree with that opinion 100% - money left in cash is effectively a negative investment that is bound to lose value against anything else with govts printing money as quickly as they do now.
    Even ignoring the printing of money, when RPI is 5%+ and the base rate is almost zero, everyone holding cash is being robbed blind.

A house with land will always be a house with land, an asset you can live in or rent out and there is no capital gains tax to pay (you can flip them like the MPs do) and you can derive an income from it when you are old and rents tend to follow inflation. You can then leave this wealth to your kids (move to a country with no death taxes FFS before you get too old though!).

So buy gold, buy property, buy fine wine or stamps or art or something, or solid defensive high yield stocks.

Just don't hold cash.

Comment

Just chucked a chunk at my Latin America fund, I am looking at buying Sainsbury, AZN and having a punt at CWW

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
        Just chucked a chunk at my Latin America fund,
        bad move.

tariffs, protectionism, hyperinflation are on the point of wrecking that region.

Comment

Working...
        X