• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ibm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TUPE regs

TUPE regs come into account when redundancies are being discussed. In a nutshell, a company has certain obligations to the employees if the job reductions are being instigated as a result of a merger or acquisition of another company. The company has to disclose the merger and follow the rules.

It is a fairly complicated area of employment law so I would seek professional advise.

HTH

Comment

advice
      We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

I went through a TUPE transfer a few years ago. Aside from no information from either company (very professional job all round), it was simply a case of turning up for work on Monday, but for the insourcer.

Basically, your employee rights (overtime, holidays, etc) remain the same, with the exception of pensions, where you will fall in line with whatever the new company offer. Eventually, you will probably be expected to sign a new contract, to bring you into line with the existing staff - so you may lose some benefits. It's worth checking if they have plans to do this, and what they expect you to sign away.

You are not treated as a new employee. If you were with the previous employer for 5 years, you are seen as having given 5 years service with the new one.

But, frankly if your experience is anything like mine, then now is a very good time to look to the contracting market

Comment

Originally posted by sannyasin
          Hello all, this is my first post
          can anyone give me any feedback on being outsourced by Ibm consulting?
          IBM used to handle all the support and various other IT areas at my current place, they got a new CFO and his first decision was (and I quote) "to in-source the F*** out of IBM"

They threw IBM out a few months before my contract started, but everything I have heard since has been negative

Comment

Same

I got my permie job thanks to my company bringing it back in house. I have spent the last 2 years getting it up to scratch, now the users don't spit on the floor when you mention IT.

However from my short experience as an outsider IBM do seem to look after their staff if they are 'in favour'.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X