• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

James Bulger’s mother: Unmask my son's killers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Like Attention Deficit Disorder, which is really a term defined by bedwetters and lefties to get out of the fact they've failed as parents and what their kids really need is a bloody good hiding and some boundaries.

That what you mean?
    I bet you tell depressives to pull themselves together, bipolars to try not to be so flightly, and OCDs to be a bit less obsessive.

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    It's an interesting idea. There are a number of adults who must bear some responsibility for what happened. Primary school children should not be able to skip school, and two year olds should not be unattended.
    In a healthy society, leaving a toddler alone is quite fine
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      I actually don't think we need to read stuff as explicit as that. I can understand the case being emotive, and being used as part of a general behavioural discussion, but that's OTT.
      Would you do it?

If not then why would Venables and Thompson?

What could have happened in their psyche to trigger that kind of behaviour?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I bet you tell depressives to pull themselves together, bipolars to try not to be so flightly, and OCDs to be a bit less obsessive.
        We have met!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Would you do it?

If not then why would Venables and Thompson?

What could have happened in their psyche to trigger that kind of behaviour?
          I'm with MP - no need to be so descriptive.

There had to have been something in their upbringing to make them behave in the way they did.

Children are not born evil. Thats just crazy.

They learn to hurt and torture others from what they see around them.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            I'm with MP - no need to be so descriptive.

There had to have been something in their upbringing to make them behave in the way they did.

Children are not born evil. Thats just crazy.

They learn to hurt and torture others from what they see around them.
            Hang on I was nowhere near as descriptive as another poster on here. I said sexually mutilated.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

In a healthy society, leaving a toddler alone is quite fine
              In a healthy society no one would hurt a toddler, but it is NOT fine to leave them alone. A two year old is quite capable of hurting himself. No matter how hard it is, it's your responsibility to supervise the child.

Comment

Hang on I was nowhere near as descriptive as another poster on here. I said sexually mutilated.
                I didn't see that other post.
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

In a healthy society no one would hurt a toddler, but it is NOT fine to leave them alone. A two year old is quite capable of hurting himself. No matter how hard it is, it's your responsibility to supervise the child.
                  Did the mother leave the boy alone? I must admit I can't remember the details of how he came to be abducted.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Doncaster torture case: Social workers 'must intervene earlier' | UK news | guardian.co.uk

"What people need to understand is that if a child is born in a household where there is domestic abuse, even before that child is born the make-up of their brain will be completely different from a child where there isn't abuse.

"As that child grows up it has a lack of what we call victim empathy, a complete emotional numbness. They have no understanding of the damage they are doing to other people. I don't believe that we should see these children as criminal. They have done a terrible, terrible thing, but they are victims, they are children."
                    I have friends who work in Child Protection and with children with developmental difficulties. One often deals with ****ed up under 4 year olds. Even though their family life now seems stable their parent often has something seriously horrible happen when they had them. Their parent tends to either deny there is anything wrong or asks for them to be put in care.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

WHS - I never understood why his mother didn't get more grief for leaving him alone? In the middle of a busy shopping area too.

Bit like the McCanns should never have left their kids alone but I know thats a whole other can of worms - one which I'm not saying needs opening, I'm simply mentioning it.
                      Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                      X