• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

James Bulger’s mother: Unmask my son's killers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    In all seriousness, how would you feel if it was your kid who'd been murdered by those little bastards?
    I think this would vary amongst mothers. Some would remain angry and vengeful, but I think many would realise this serves no purpose. Not that they should "get over it" per se, but they shouldn't define their every waking moment around it.
    I know people who have lost children and it's clear that getting on with their lives rather than dwelling on it is better for all concerned... but "not dwelling" isn't the same as forgetting.

I agree with MF that the press stoking this up is not done for anyone's benefit but their own, certainly not the mother's. And how the mother feels isn't actually the issue here. How we feel/act when driven by emotion is frequently wrong even in our own hindsight, let alone anyone else's.

What crimes the 2 have(n't) done afterwards is nothing to do with the mother. And nothing to do with vigilante justice either.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      I agree with that - but you didn't leave at that did you? Don't you dare suggest that you weren't taking a pop at one or two people on here - because we all know full well what you meant by your "squaddie" reference - and it's a great credit to them that they haven't risen to it. (NB I won't go beyond this because if I do I'll be guilty of the thing I complain of)
      I was taking a pop at him yes and the underlying theme of the post was to question his ability and authority to make decisions for the "little bastards" (as he has chosen to describe them) on behalf of society.

If we all had Churchill's mind they would have been pitch forked by now and we would not have been posting on this thread.

Justice is often about separating the criminals from the victims and making the verdict transparent, open and questionable, if I am choosing to question the judge & jury mentality of a poster over the long established legal system in the UK then hang me.

Comment

we are all entitled to an opinion Minestrone.
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

As I said before, I cannot believe the Mother has thought this through - does she seriously want them to be got at by vigilante action? If so, I just feel sorry for her, because I'm sure the outcome would ultimately be a disappointment to her.

If she doesn't want the vigilantes to get 'em, does she think it's a good use of resources having to have the Police take care of (Thompson at least) for the remainder of their lives?

Comment

As I said before, I cannot believe the Mother has thought this through - does she seriously want them to be got at by vigilante action? If so, I just feel sorry for her, because I'm sure the outcome would ultimately be a disappointment to her.

If she doesn't want the vigilantes to get 'em, does she think it's a good use of resources having to have the Police take care of (Thompson at least) for the remainder of their lives?
            The opener is:
            "JAMES Bulger's mother Denise Fergus today backs Sun columnist Trevor Kavanagh in demanding an end to the veil of secrecy that cloaks her son's killers. "

So the conversation starts something like:

"Hi Denise, it's Trevor from the Sun. Have you heard that Venables has now done xyz? I think it's about time the scumbag lost his anonymity - do you agree?"

And becomes the headline quoted above.

Comment

IF you want to view the thought process of the criminal mind against the thought process of judical rehabilitation then read Jimmy Boyle's 'A Sense of Freedom'. They locked him in a cage in a cell for years and his sensory deprivation got to such an extent he could smell the boot polish of the guards as they walked up the hall.

There was a change of thinking and they got him out and made him learn sculpture and now he sells items to the rich and famous.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but is when opinions become actions in the name of justice without due process it becomes a circle.

I don't think they should have been let off, I do not think they should have been pitch forked and we tried to do something halfway and it never worked.

Comment

I agree with that - but you didn't leave at that did you? Don't you dare suggest that you weren't taking a pop at one or two people on here - because we all know full well what you meant by your "squaddie" reference - and it's a great credit to them that they haven't risen to it. (NB I won't go beyond this because if I do I'll be guilty of the thing I complain of)
                It's okay, I have more respect for what is a very emotive subject to even trouble him with a response.

Not being a parent myself it's very easy to sit and take a non emotive reasonable outlook to it. I'm sure some of those with children have a very personal opinion on it.

I personally feel sorry for the children, no child is evil at ten. As another poster put, three lives were taken that day.
                "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                  As another poster put, three lives were taken that day.
                  So the night before they were two lovely innocent children?

In the morning of that day they just decided on a whim to kill a child?

"three lives were taken that day" does not cut it with me.

Comment

I see no reason a 10-year-old can't be evil. I also see no reason a 10-year-old is too old to be 'fixed'.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

As I parent myself, I think the parents of the killers have to take most of the blame. You've definitely failed at something if your kids come out like this.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X