• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

James Bulger’s mother: Unmask my son's killers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    For a ten year old child's action, I would have to place a huge amount of blame on the parents.

You only only ask the question Churchill, but I ask you, do you state that you would take no responsibility for your 10 year old's actions(if you had one) that you had raised or do you believe that it's purely nature, not nuture?
    Not sure about that. I have 3 kids, two of which are boys.
    My oldest son - basically a clone of me, seems happiest when at home, messing around on his ps3, pc, watching tv (yes I'm a lazy slob).

But my other son, I have no clue where he came from! If we let him, he would spend the whole day taking apart things in the house to see how they work, he goes fishing, goes to scouts, always out with a huge group of friends. He couldn't be more different to me, my wife and our other son.

So, nature I assume!
    But then with my first son, if I'd made the effort to get off my arse and do stuff with him, would he now be a totally different character ?
    No idea.

Comment

Much of the reasoning behind our justice system is to have a controlled and evidence based decision making transparent process.

It stops thicko ex squaddies who think they have a grasp on the system because their dad was a copper running around with burning torches.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Much of the reasoning behind our justice system is to have a controlled and evidence based decision making transparent process.

It stops thicko ex squaddies who think they have a grasp on the system because their dad was a copper running around with burning torches.
        FFS you just can't leave it alone can you?

All of you - take your pathetic personal posturing and shove it - stick to the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

All of you - take your pathetic personal posturing and shove it - stick to the subject.
          WPBS. Let's see if we can stay on subject . Easy thread to
          troll on this, don't see the
          point.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
            Not sure about that. I have 3 kids, two of which are boys.
            My oldest son - basically a clone of me, seems happiest when at home, messing around on his ps3, pc, watching tv (yes I'm a lazy slob).

But my other son, I have no clue where he came from! If we let him, he would spend the whole day taking apart things in the house to see how they work, he goes fishing, goes to scouts, always out with a huge group of friends. He couldn't be more different to me, my wife and our other son.

So, nature I assume!
            But then with my first son, if I'd made the effort to get off my arse and do stuff with him, would he now be a totally different character ?
            No idea.
            Nature may cover introverted/extroverted personality but moral guidance has to come from somewhere. This isn't about liking sports vs books IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

It is a resonable and fair point. Justice should be taken out of the hands of "throw away the key" types.

Comment

So if you don't blame the parents. Because they're feckless, then it's the fault of society then? In the past adults could cuff a child behind the ear or neighbours would have a word?

If not them, then the failure of the police to ensure that children do not break the law? Teachers then. They should teach them wrong or right? Right?

No it's the fault of social services then. They're the catch all. It's their fault.

Eventually after all that, it's their faults. It's not nuture, it's nature. Evil little bastards. Hang them!

For that last argument. I would ask 'who's the man or woman who could put a rope around a 10 year old childs neck'?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

There's a school full of teachers gone on strike today, because of abuse and threats from these 'little angels'

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

One of the things I wondered at the weekend when reading the Sunday Times and the latest Bulger story was if the constant, 10 year long, 'rehabilitation' made Venables more inclined towards pedophilia. He was a test case and every social worker and quack would have been in there just never making him never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      It is a resonable and fair point. Justice should be taken out of the hands of "throw away the key" types.
                      I agree with that - but you didn't leave at that did you? Don't you dare suggest that you weren't taking a pop at one or two people on here - because we all know full well what you meant by your "squaddie" reference - and it's a great credit to them that they haven't risen to it. (NB I won't go beyond this because if I do I'll be guilty of the thing I complain of)

Comment

Working...
                      X