• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory's out to burn scotland cause no one voted for them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I rather like Scotland and have always enjoyed visiting, especially Ayrshire where I have some good friends. Perhaps not entirely coincidentally one of the smarter areas of Scotland.

However, what mystifies me about Scotland is that in many areas like the rough end of Glasgow, life's been a bit tulip for a long time. Now I don't begrudge anyone wanting a better life for themselves and their families; I think that's what everyone wants. But why, oh why, if life's been tulip for donkeys' years, would people carry on voting for the same people time and time again?

Maybe the Scots should all vote Tory?!?!?!
    Your description of 'the rough end of Glasgow' could probably be used to describe most of Ayrshire too I'm afraid.

I do agree with you though, that the people who live in the worst tulip-holes in central Scotland continue to vote labour decade after decade and never seem to spot the futility of what they're doing.

Recently, when the SNP won power in the Scottish parliment, we had ex First Minister Jack McConnell, standing up in front of constituents in Motherwell and telling them that the town centre in Motherwell had become derelict and un-usable over the last twenty years. He was their constituency MP and his party had ruled the area since the dinosaurs died out. No one, including the twats who voted for him, saw the irony. The SNP, who had been in power for seven days, were to blame for it all and the left wing press supported McConnell's arguements.

To be honest, I would deny the majority of Scots the right to vote. For years I've advocated compulsory sterilisation and withdrawl of the right to vote, based on IQ test results taken at age 11/12.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I think he should have stuck 20p on a litre of fuel.

This would have solved AGW and raised billions of pounds.

Then add 20p every month for the next 5 years.

The planet would soon cool off, and we'd have no deficit, jobs in Scotland, and empty roads.
      Plus it will stop the proletariat from travelling and thus help to keep the chavs off the streets.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        A quote from the Guardian, did Gideon give any foresight into his actions, at all?
        its no more unfair than Scottish MP's voting on English only issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          I have a friend lives in Ayr, we just talking about the place yesterday. Riddled with drugs, crime increasing, shops empty and being boarded up...
          It seems to happen in places I wouldn't expect it. I know a few folks from Limerick, which has it's charms, but has become known as 'stab city' thanks to drugs related crime. Here in Holland, Gouda looks like a charming old town in the centre, but it has a similar problem of crime as soon as you're out of the old centre. In England, Leamington Spa is a very attractive town, but on a friday night when the pubs empty it sometimes turns into a battle zone.

What a shame.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The jocks are laughing at us anyway. I have to pay 4 x £9k plus inflation for my lad when he starts university in 2012 for a 4 year course. What do they pay in Scotland? £0.

Prescription charges? Scotland = £0.

The English are being stuffed and mounted by the jocks.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I rather like Scotland and have always enjoyed visiting, especially Ayrshire where I have some good friends. Perhaps not entirely coincidentally one of the smarter areas of Scotland.

However, what mystifies me about Scotland is that in many areas like the rough end of Glasgow, life's been a bit tulip for a long time. Now I don't begrudge anyone wanting a better life for themselves and their families; I think that's what everyone wants. But why, oh why, if life's been tulip for donkeys' years, would people carry on voting for the same people time and time again?

Maybe the Scots should all vote Tory?!?!?!
              Most of the people right at the rough end of it don't vote at all. Due to our tulipe voting system, most of Scotland votes Labour but they get Tory/New Labour or Condem so even though they vote the same, it's not the same people in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Your description of 'the rough end of Glasgow' could probably be used to describe most of Ayrshire too I'm afraid.
                I think I've probably just seen the best parts on trips to play rugby.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  The jocks are laughing at us anyway. I have to pay 4 x £9k plus inflation for my lad when he starts university in 2012 for a 4 year course. What do they pay in Scotland? £0.

Prescription charges? Scotland = £0.

The English are being stuffed and mounted by the jocks.
                  As an Englishman I find your remarks ignorant divisive and plain daft. Scotland contributes plenty, they just have a more civilised idea about spending priorities. We could learn a lot from them.

Comment

I think I've probably just seen the best parts on trips to play rugby.
                    That pretty much sums it up
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                      Most of the people right at the rough end of it don't vote at all. Due to our tulipe voting system, most of Scotland votes Labour but they get Tory/New Labour or Condem so even though they vote the same, it's not the same people in charge.
                      So who then should be running Scotland?
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X