• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AA or RAC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Stone me.

I've just realised I've been in the AA since 1977.

Must have paid them at least two or three cars worth of money over the years.
    1977 was when I joined the RAC. During what I assumed was a shift to a computer system a few years later they started sending my membership card to the house across the road. They never managed to get the address right after that. It took a change of bank account to get rid of the direct debit.

I've never fully trusted direct debits since.

The Swiss version (Touring Club de Suisse - TCS) on the other hand were pleasantly cheap and when I needed a new battery brought a decent quality one at a surprisingly competitive price.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

+1 for Green Flag.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        +1 for Green Flag.

-1 for Green Flag here.

Direct Line used to charge me £100 p.a. for Green Flag and the one time I needed them they were crap. So I joined the AA. Purely by coincidence, I've used them 3 times now in a year, they've been brilliant, and it costs me less.

Comment

Don't forget, AA are a rip-off. If you want to join because you've run out of petrol, suddenly all those special offers aren't available.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Don't forget, AA are a rip-off. If you want to join because you've run out of petrol, suddenly all those special offers aren't available.
            Thats a joke right??

Surely that's what they all would do. That's like only taking out insurance only after what you are insuring against has happened. Try ringing up any insurance company and try to get cover for a break in that happened last night. At least the AA and the like will help you out if you have broken down and are not a member - for a price. If they didn't then nobody would buy cover and everybody would wait until the needed help before joining.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              My RAC cover is due for renewal soon. Who do you prefer for breakdown cover, the big two or any of the others?
              I take the breakdown cover with my insurance, I think they use Greenflag and the only time I've had to use them they were at my door in half an hour.

That's with Admiral.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                Thats a joke right??
                yep
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X