• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cake Dilemma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cake Dilemma

An email has just gone around saying there are cakes to celebrate somone's birthday, but none of the permmies have step up to the plate yet, would i be considered bad form if I as a contractor break open the frist batch before anyone else?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

in the matter of cake all is fair
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      An email has just gone around saying there are cakes to celebrate somone's birthday, but none of the permmies have step up to the plate yet, would i be considered bad form if I as a contractor break open the frist batch before anyone else?
      You're a contractor man, run over, grab the cake, take it back to your desk and the rest can fook off. Look after Numero, err, one!

And don't forget to nab the receipt, not claimable nowadays I bet but I've seen some fabulous fights for the 200 bongos plus receipt on a curry night.

Comment

Only if it is a £30 gold leaf Belgium Cholocate patisserie cake.........

Comment

That is unusual. Generally, putting cake in front of the Permanents is like putting a bale of hay in with some cows.

You're a contractor. Lead by example and others will follow.

Comment

Or ... delegate the foraging to a junior contractor to bring it back to your desk

Comment

Originally posted by UncleTalon View Post
              Or ... delegate the foraging to a junior contractor to bring it back to your desk
              Wouldn't work, I am the junior contractor in the office
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Wouldn't work, I am the junior contractor in the office
                Fetch cake bitch-boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Fetch cake bitch-boy!
                  A little blunt, but accurate and to the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Fetch cake bitch-boy!
                    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    A little blunt, but accurate and to the point.
                    I prefer the term "forthright"

Comment

Working...
                    X